New info on pet food recall...I think... - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Title Fairy Was Here

That is just horrible how many deaths are linked to this food. SOmething scary, Chelsea had been eating one of the recalled foods for half of her life. Chelsea's food was switched the day this news came out, and luckily, she's remained healthy.

3 cheers for pets!

I Have Been sent a Valentine!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My zoo contains:
Chelsea the Dog
Abby the Hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
who loves

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 07:46 PM
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 08:11 PM

The way this recall keeps expanding makes me really nervous. It was a big list initially, but was linked only to wet foods because of wheat gluten. Then there were more wet foods and A dry food. Now there are treats, more dry foods, and foods involving rice protein concentrate.

Menu foods, and these pet food companies need to definitively figure out every darned raw product that came from that supplier and got added to the food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 08:00 PM

It makes me nervous, too. I keep it off of my mind somehow. I kind of wish I could just feed my kitty girl stuff I make, and only that, if I knew what I had to feed her, and if I could afford it. I'm not really going to try that, though, because I'm nervous that wherever I get information on kitten nutrients might be wrong or something.

I'm happy my cat only ate treats that were nearly recalled, but were the wrong size of container. I still will not trust them, though.

Tags
animal cruelty, boston terrier, cat food, dick van patten, dog food, dry dog food, dry food, english springer spaniel, nutro natural choice, pet food, pet food recall, pet foods, pet owner, pet store, pet supplies, shih tzu, wet cat food, wet food