Pet Boarding Center caused death of 13 cats and 300 starved - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Pet Boarding Center caused death of 13 cats and 300 starved

Dear all, as a pet lover I feel I have to share with you this outrageous news. In my home country, Malaysia, a pet boarding center known as Petknode, took in over 500 cats during one of our festive holiday season last year.

To the surprise of many people, the cats were neglected because the owners could not manage to care for them, or so they say. This caused over 300 cats starved, injured and 13 dead.

The pet owners were sued and the judgement was served today. SHOCKINGLY, the pet owners were fined a mere RM6000 (USD1800). For the damage they have done to the poor animals, that was all they were punished for..not even jail term!!

This is not right but unfortunately, the regulations for animal rights in our country is not strong enough. We must all work to create the awareness for our beloved animals. They already do not have the voice to speak for themselves. We have to do something to help our lovely companions!

I found this blog post which has all the info regarding this Petknode issue. Do have a read and leave a comment in support of our pets!

blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/current-affairs/300-starved-and-13-died-petknode.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Sorry i meant to say PET BOARDING CENTER OWNERS WERE SUED

Tags
animals, cats, cruel, pet, welfare