Pet Charity - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Pet Charity

Do you have a favorite pet charity? Where would you like to see donations go?

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I dont want to say I have a favorite. I do however donate to the LOCAL SPCA, not the ASPCA. I guess I like to actually see where my money is going.

*Missy*
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I don't know about favorites, either. I donate to HSUS, although Pinkie has a good point about being local, and I've considered just sending my donations to the local shelter instead of HSUS. I've also donated to IMOM.org. My vet and I sent donations in Willow's name to a research/education center in Columbus, though I can't think of the name right now...I'll have to look that up. I've thought of donating regularly for FIP research in Willow's name, but have just given generalized donations to IMOM or HSUS instead.

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 08:02 PM
RAT ADDICT

My favorites are the ones I volunteer with!! Beagle Paws and Greyhound Pets of Atlantic Canada.I give them donations and I also give Ruff Spots donations (I used to volunteer with them too awhile back).

I ocasionally will donate to the SPCA,but mainly it is the ones above!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Leo
Driving Diva

I really like my local humane society.... I think the humane society in general is a good organization. Although with any large scale organization like HSUS there are probably going to be some things that they do that not everyone fully agrees with ... I love my local one, so if I was to judge the group on a whole based on my local chapter I would say HSUS (we do not have ASPCA here).

I also like to support the local rescue groups that you can find at Petfinder.com: Adopt a pet and help an animal shelter rescue a puppy or kitten. (most are non profit orginizations)... my In laws rescued their dog from one in Florida a year ago... he is a pure bred Yellow Labrador Retriever... the sweetest crazy dog whom I absolutely adore. Without Petfinder.com they would not have him.

Any rescue organization that is in it to save as many animals as possible is going to get my vote.

~Ignorance can be cured with education~

Mom to:
A little girl (6) and a little boy (4), and 2 dogs
Leo and
Gunner

Proud Coastie Sister!!
My brother is in Virginia at FT school !!

RIP Ed
October 2000-November 2007
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Ok, let's say if you had to pick a non-local charity ...

Stephanie

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 12:35 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Hmm. I posted here?

Anyways, for a non-local charity I say Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind Inc. . You can even sponsor a dog.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami View Post
Hmm. I posted here?
I reposted since the other thread was so out of order.

Stephanie

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 08:41 PM
RAT ADDICT

Non local??? Well then...I have not really supported alot of organizations out of my province.I did used to support a couple of rat organizations in the USA and also Greyhound Protection League,but have not supported any of them in a long time.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

I recently donated to the Louisiana SPCA. They really need some help ever since Katrina.

(A lot of us members on the Nine Inch Nails forum donated to the LA. SPCA in Trent Reznor's name for his birthday. He used to live in New Orleans for a long time.)

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 01:26 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I would either have to pick some kind of katrina thing or some kind of retired racing greyhound organization.

*Missy*

Tags
animal shelter, beagle paws, humane society, labrador retriever, local humane society, local shelter, pure bred, yellow lab