Racism! - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

shes a cutie I hope it all works out...my brothers dog looks so much like her lol his is a boxer dalmation mix lol...but they so could be twins lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHERYL2121 View Post
Thank you ALL! I feel a lot better hearing what you all think of her.

We still have to wait till next week or so to find out what the current manager has to say

Then we'll take it from there. I'll keep you all posted. I figure as long as I'am determined not to let anyone take her from us, how ever it works out it will be fine since she will be with me!!
yea, there's someone out there who will accept her. you guys will find a pet-friendly home in no time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pet Parent to:

Golden/Labrador Retriever: Maxine

My Two Favorite Dwarf Hamsters:

Love you buddy, I'll see you later: Ozzy

Gone, but never forgotten: Drix

I liked this smiley so I just had to add it.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Playful Pup

ya along with everyone else, say she's a different breed. however some places don't even take boxers as they're seen as an "aggressive guard breed".
by her looks, i'd tell ppl she's a great dane mix. she doesn't have to be as big as a dane to be called a mix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Adolescent Pup

As the owner of two pittie mixes, I feel your pain. Finding a place to rent that would allow bully breeds was a pain in the rear and our older dog looks like a Bull Terrier without the egg-shaped head. Other than that, she's the spitting image of a Bull Terrier.

My best suggestion is to start looking now, call the rental agencies and ask if they have size/breed restrictions. Be prepared to bring along 'references' for your pets from previous landlords if at all possible. Check your local craigslist for pet friendly rentals, post in the wanted or pet section to see if the community can help, they can be amazingly helpful.

As a mixed breed it's easier, but be prepared to always be asked that question and even get told you are lying if you try to explain it away. I would just be honest about her breed, if you know it, that way there would be no question about your integrity should there be a question in the future. Especially if she's as sweet as she looks, if you know she's pittie, say it loud and help end the stereotypes...that's what I'm trying to do, one person or one trip to the dog park at a time. LoL.

As a military wife, we are going to get moved a lot (we've lived on base up until now) and I fully intended with the current landlord to get a 'reference' from every single one we have from here on out. No damages, no problems, hopefully will mean no future hassle about having dogs bigger than a cat! LoL.

Good luck with everything

It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Good owners have good dogs. That's all there is to it. I've seen some of the meanest, crabby, dachshunds and some of the nicest pit bulls... Dogs are dogs. Each case should be individual. You all have my support.

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 01:25 AM
Newborn Pup

Wink

I think in your post stated that they didn't say anything before for years? If the manager says no you can tell them that they have amended their contract by seeing your dog before but not objecting for years and thereby accepting the condition (that you have a larger dog). I'm a first year law student so I dont know much but if you talk in a direct, deep voice with legal terminology they might back off.

You can also look at houses for rent, sometimes they're the same price as apartments- esp in this market!-and your doggie will have a back yard!

Good luck with your precious!
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 07:48 AM
RAT ADDICT

This is a very old thread from a couple of years ago.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Newborn Pup

lol I answered at like 1 am didnt even look at the date! i even signed up to answer I wonder what happened...

Tags
animal control, animal shelter, bull terrier, bully breeds, crate trained, dog park, mixed breed, mixed breeds, older dog, pit bull, pit bulls, terrier mix