reward for caputre of person who did this - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
laugh often

reward for caputre of person who did this

Someone shot and killed a toddlers esa/service animal. The state is offering a reward in their capture. The dog was gun trained and taught not to react to the sounds. This can be done for serveral reasons, distraction training,hunting, families that are in violent neighborhoods etc. It is wrong and sickens me that anyone would do this. I know from personal experience that service dogs improve the lives of people much more than anyone can imagine. It takes so much hard work to train them. My heart goes out to this family. Heres the news video
http://www.wnem.com/story/15420022/s...WdO8A.facebook

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Betta Bomb

awful awful awful!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

this is so sad what is this world coming to

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 06:15 AM
Adolescent Pup

oh my how awful :'( people can be so heartless!

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 12:17 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

there really isn't much info in the article.

Yes its sad that the dog died, however why didn't they hear the gun shot since it was right in front of their house, the person use a silencer? it was wearing a service tag instead of a service vest?

As a service dog the people should know to have their critter on a leash outside or in a fence I hate it when people let their dogs loose and then something happens and its not their fault. What if it got hit by a car? or caused a car accident? or was attacked by another dog?

I don't know i feel bad for them, but not 100%.

People need to be responsible of their animals even if the animal has a job.

[/CENTER]

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Betta Bomb

I agree. I guess the vest wasn't on bc they were home and were letting the dog out to pee.. But... a half hour - an hour later they decided to go look for it?!?!? I check when Coco's been in the backyard for 5 mins! Mostly I take him out front with me though.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i only take messi out on a leash. So many people don't that i have had to hold him from other dogs running over and not knowing if they would get along

[/CENTER]

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

I felt the same way when I saw the article. Really really sad for the family, but why was the dog out unsupervised? Even if the yard was fenced, you should still supervise outside time. My dog never goes outside without supervision. Either he's on a leash, or if I put him out in the yard than I sit out there with him. There's just too many bad things that could happen to a dog left on it's own, even in your own yard.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 03:17 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That was so terrible, poor dog. Hope the suspect would be captured soon...

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!