Romney blasted for strapping dog to car roof - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Obsessed with Criss Angel

Romney blasted for strapping dog to car roof

Romney blasted for strapping dog to car roof - USATODAY.com

Of course Peta's own "ingrid Newkirk" had something to say,she always try to pretend like peta isn't a big ol' scam

But yeah,It's not that nice having a dog on the roof of your car.
I wouldn't do that to my doggies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Part of the Pack

It was 24 years ago, but yeah, it doesn't seem like the brightest idea.

Pets are always your friend no matter what.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I noticed that too (that it was years ago)
but since the candidates are out in the open now I guess the public wants to pry into their lives.& Try to get some dirt on them.

Not the brightest thing ever,made it sound like it was a normal day thing for that man.Awkward though.Poor dog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Curmudgeon

It doesn't matter that it was years ago, ...he's still defending it today.

bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Oily Chickenspew

politics are always about: past, present, & future.

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Part of the Pack

I see people who drive with dogs in the back of their pickups. Even on freeways you see them. The dog in his kennel secured to the top is safer than the dog running around in the back of a pickup maybe probably, but it is hard to tell after 24 years how the transport was secured. Time makes a difference from that angle.

It is a stupid thing to do, yes it is, for more than one reason.

He is a politician and he has a snowball's chance of winning. The story was supposed to make people say "see, he still gets the job done and follows things through", but this story will not sway anyone. It will upset pet owners and animal activists, and is likely to make anyone else say "I don't get it?" It just doesn't translate well and makes people upset.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I almost had a heart attack the other day because there was a pickup with one of those tool boxes in the back and two Goldens in the back on the tool boxes NOT SECURED IN THE TRUCK!! No leash nothing!!! :O :O :O D:

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Part of the Pack

Yeah, that is what I meant. I see that all the time. I was behind a truck recently that swerved hard at 70 MPH and the dog almost fell out. It banged its chin pretty hard scrambling. It was unsecured riding in the back.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 12:15 AM
Aspires to Stupidity

That guy is crazy, yeah it was many many years ago, but if he's still defending himself, he'd obviously do it again.
Personally the way I look at it is, you have to ask yourself a question...."Would you put your child there?" If not, then don't put an animal there. It's unsafe to have a dog on top of a vehicle and also in the box of a truck. I hate it when people do that. Even if they're leashed up, it's still really unsafe. What if they jump out? Then they'll be hanging there by there neck. My dog always rides inside the truck with me, I'd never put her in the box.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

My dogs are always in the vehicle with me.
I know about the dogs in the back of trucks too,don't forget,long drives could equal heat stroke out in the open like that.

Tags
pet owner