So unfair - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

So unfair

I live right next to the town storage/shop building and this is where they keep stray dogs. Not many are usually found since this is a very small town, but that's not the point. They usually kept them in a cage inside the shop, but now they moved the cage outside and they have a dog in there right now. He/she has been there for four days now and I'm a quite ticked off at how they are treating him/her. To me this is still a form of animal abuse. This dog has nowhere good to sleep and has no shelter. I took a few pics early this morning, but they're not very good. I thinnk I'm going to take some better pics and write an angry letter to the town. I could just go and take him/her out, but I got into a lot of trouble last time I did that, lol. Well, I could go on and on about this, but I'll stop for now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

That's just so sad. I really hope you can do something about it.

Maureen

Six new rats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 03:02 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Wow, she looks so sad and cold.

I hope you are able to do something about it.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Adolescent Pup

It is so warm here I forget it is still cold other places. That is just cruel, she has no choice but to be cold and wet. I suppose on the bright side she'll think twice before running off again (that is if she even associates the two things and her family claims her). I guess that is not really a "bright side".
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Do write an angry letter!!! I mean it's doesn't take much to build a doghouse. She's so cute too!!! I would totally take her if I was around!!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Will It Ever Change?

poor dog. you do what you can and i'll root for you!!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

That's awful . Isn't it against the law? I don't really know how Canada handles this kind of thing but here they'd take the dog away.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I would have a hard time not taking him out... I would write the letter for sure! Poor baby needs a house and some blankies.

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

Well, I ended up calling instead of writting a letter. The first thing I said was that I wanted to make a complaint about the stray dog here and they quickly said not to worry anymore, the dog has been picked up. I think the woman thought I was complaining about the barking, but that didn't really bother me at all. I told her that next time if you're going to keep a stray dog locked up outside, give it some shelter and something nice to lay on, not just some wooden flat. She was all shocked and just said that she'd pass the message on.

I wasn't totally satisfied with that, I wish I could've talked to the person that did it, but I don't think they'll tell me.

As for the law.....yeah it is against the law, but out here not a lot of people follow the law when it comes to animals and not a lot of people really care. It's quite sad and it really angers me sometimes. I just try not to think about it, but then something like this happens and I have to actually see abuse happening. I mentioned this dog to people at work and most people didn't think it was that bad. They said it was just a dog. I hate southern Manitoba, they are almost all like this. It's so hard to find a geniune animal lover around here. This is one of the reasons why I have no friends. I could never be a friend with someone that didn't care for animals the same way I do.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Adolescent Pup

Well, you could always make a shelter and put it in there instead of letting the dog out.

Mary
Quasi - - - - Hyzzie - - - - - Pua - - - Jupiter - - - Kat

&
Angel Stewie

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Aww poor thing, I'm glad he/she got picked up and isn't in there anymore.

It looks so cold and uncomphy! He/she needs a nice comphy home with warm blankets and lots of toys and space to play.

I hope they do pass your message on and at least put some shelter in there before they ever put in another dog.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Newborn Pup

Next time you see a dog locked up back there you should call a local shelter. You could call animal control, but I worry about the fate of the dog. If you can find any independent rescues near you, they might be willing to convince the people caging the dog to give it to them. I hope there isn't a next time though.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

There is only one local shelter around here and they are full at the moment. There is also an independant shelter right outside my town that I used to help out at, but I won't bring any animals there. Here's the story on that place if you're interested. http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f75/w...-do-34534.html

I haven't spoken to her since the day I left, I can't believe that it was almost 2 years ago now. In some ways I really miss being there, but I just couldn't take it anymore.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Newborn Pup

That situation with the shelter you used to help is really unfortunate.

With only one shelter in your area, it's no surprise it's full.
Hopefully you won't have to deal with a situation like this again.
I just worry about what actually happened to that dog or who took it.

Tags
animal abuse, animal control, animal lover, local shelter