too young to be sold? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
the bigger heart

Angry too young to be sold?

so there's no article, because i was apart of this. but my best friend wanted a pug puppy sooo bad she couldnt stand it. so last night i was hanging out at my other best friends house with both of them, and her parents bought one for her!

but, then today it went bad. apperently, the lady lied about the poor puppies age and it was just barely two weeks old and needed to be with it's mother still. and she got really weak so my friend's parents panicked and took her to the vet where she died!! i hate stupid people!!!

My Lovely Little Zoo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diesel, Bentley, Easton, Karma,Patches,Harley, Sara, Jose, Flippers<33
"Animals are such agreeable friends, they ask no questions - pass no criticisms"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 03:31 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Thats sad they should report the backyard breeder

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 08:14 AM
It's all for them

I'm sorry your friend with through this but I agree where they purchased the puppy should be reported. When people don't complain, these puppy mill/BYB monsters continue to flourish.

Next time, tell your friend, go through a rescue or shelter she can find any breed she wants.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Betta Bomb

That sucks and the BYB should be reported. Poor puppies. Pug are generally widely available, find a good breeder and ask them questions. I dont care how bad your friend wants a pug puppy she cannot expect someone will just buy one right away and it will be healthy. Good breeders will only sell their pups to approved homes after the puppies reach at LEAST 8-9 weeks and then mostly not until they are 12 weeks old which is the official weaning period. So, her parents need to stop and consider this before trying to surprise her again. That was a dumb move. So sorry about the loss. Here's a link which only starts the process: http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=302
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
the bigger heart

they called the ASPCA and reported her and she didnt meet my friend's mom to give back the money and is now ignoring the calls my friends mom is making so she's going to press fraud charges and animal cruelty charges, they still have the body (kinda morbid)

My Lovely Little Zoo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Animals are such agreeable friends, they ask no questions - pass no criticisms"

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
the bigger heart

and like they lady told them she was old enough to go home. so it wasn't her parents fault

My Lovely Little Zoo

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Adolescent Pup

Thats really sad but a 2 week old pup does look different compared to a 8/9 week old pup, some haven't even got their eyes open. So it was kinda everyones fault :/

Charlie the cocker spaniel (Male)

R.I.P, Reggie and Moss (jirdy boys) gone but never forgotten

~The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different. Hippocrates~
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Betta Bomb

I hope there's justice and a hard lesson learned all around. Let us know how the charges go
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Newborn Pup

I hate to say, but it sounds like her parents didn't do any research. It was really their responsibility to make sure they were getting the pup from a good breeder, and while the breeder is horrible for what they did (or rather didn't do), the parents didn't do all they should have either. It's a sad situation with an unnecessary outcome. At least the breeder has been reported for their negligence. I hope your friend gets her next pet from someone more responsible.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Newborn Pup

Age has no influence on when they should be sold.........however, I believe the breeder shouldn't sell them at all until they are consistantly eating a steady diet of crickets/strained fruit.

|
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 09:23 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexs Jems View Post
Age has no influence on when they should be sold.........however, I believe the breeder shouldn't sell them at all until they are consistantly eating a steady diet of crickets/strained fruit.
You realize this thread is about a DOG right?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Playful Pup

That is discusting she needs reporting!

proud owner of
Sam......3yr old pedigree whippet male
Jasper ande zee......hand reared male feral cats, both black, both brothers, both ENORMOUS 6yrs
Tinkerbelle.....hand reared female tabby cat 2 years, too intelligent for her own good
Cisko.....chinese dwarf hamster app 5 months and very cute

plus 3 baby mice
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 11:06 AM
It's all for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRat View Post
You realize this thread is about a DOG right?
It's a spammer. Has been reported.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Rodentologist

The breeder is obviously at fault as well, but how did your parents not know the puppy wasn't ready to go home? A 2 week old puppy is pretty obviously not ready to leave mom -- eyes barely open, small, still not really walking well....

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 05:42 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody View Post
It's a spammer. Has been reported.
Ohhh,okay! I had no idea,as I wasn't around in a few days.
And I read the post and was confused...lol.

Back to original topic now.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
crazy, dumb people, insane, stupid