US to allow canadain geese hunting - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 03:07 AM
Akasha

Angry US to allow canadain geese hunting

The USA fisheries and wildlife department (i think it's them some department in the US) is now attempting to obtain legal rights to hunt canadian geese. Their already covering the eggs in some solution so they don't hatch and now they want to kill off all the rest of them. Why are they doing this? The main reason i heard on the news tonight is that they POOP ON GOLF COURSES! THATS IT! They have to come up with a better reason than that! Thats sick! (just thought I'd inform you guys of this)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 01:52 PM
ChinTopia

I heard about it, and while we are WAY overpopulated with C. Geese, I don't feel this is the way to deal with it, but what can you do? *SIGH*

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 01:02 PM

There are only a few areas in the US doing this. Usually what happens it that you have one town that tries to get rid of them, and the next town taking care of them. It isn't necessarily the golf courses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 07:54 PM
brian

I live on lake Washington and the place is loaded with them. A few of them nest next to a pond in my back yard. They are really cool and after about 2 months they became very friendly to me.Of course I have to buy twice as much fish food now because they like to steal it from my goldfish. The problem is that the area is so overpopulated by people(If you dont believe me take a drive to Seattle during rush hour) that there isn't enough room for them All. They should Relocate them to the unpopulated Lakes in the eastern part of washington. It worked for the mallard ducks on the east coast.

Tags
fish food