What should I do? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

What should I do?

I bought a "four month old" ferret and found out today that he's 1-2 years old. I got him from a local petstore last Monday. They even gave me papers for a 4 month old ferret. I tried calling corperate. If that doesn't work, what else should I do?

I also got a cage from there and called them two days later to tell them he was escaping out of it and the cage was literally falling apart. He was sitting on a shelf and it just collapsed under him. I told them I felt it was a safety issue and they told me I could bring it back. I told them "now, you know it has been used. Is that going to be an issue?" and I was told no. I took it back on Saturday when I told them was the next time I could be there and they said they couldn't take it back because it was used. I'm so aggravated with this store!

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Adolescent Pup

The same thing happened to me a few years ago.
They sold me a ferret and said it was about 6 months old, I took it to the vet and tey told me it was a few years old and wasnt healthy.
I took it back to the store and was able to exchange her for another ferret.
Sadly a few months later, I was talking to one of the workers and she told me that the onwer took the older ferret out back and killed it.

I have no idea what you can do. That store sounds horrible. Can you talk to the same person you did over the phone?

1 Amazing Husband
1 Beautiful daughter
3 dogs, 2 Ferrets, 1 cat, 2 Doves 30+ fancy mice,4 turtles,
1 house bunny,55 gallon fish tank
& rescues

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Yeah, I've had him for a week. I've taken naps with him, taken car rides with him, shared my food with him... I can't take him back. I talked to the same person on Saturday that I talked to on Wednesday and she completely changed her tune. She sat there and argued with me about what she told me.

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Newborn Pup

What ever happened? I hope you were able to keep the ferret as it sounds like you two became quite bonded in a short time.

Did you ever get any answers from corprate office? I've learned to always speak to the supervisor, if they can't help, go above them. Everyone has a boss to answer to. I'm definately a fan of the phrase 'What is the phone number for your head office and what is your name?" I find when people know you will do something about their inadequate service, they change their tune rather quickly.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Well, the corperate office never called me back, but apparently they called the store because the store manager called and gave me the money back for the cage. I'm not so sure about the age though, because he has grown since I got him. His teeth are really yellow and worn down though. It may just be the living conditions he was in.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

And, yes, I kept my Lil' Dude.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Lovin' my pack!

Maybe your vet was wrong on the age??

"Not for human consumption"- Peas in a Pod

Visit Peas in a Pod page on Facebook...