Photos! Please pray for stray kitty - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Lost Animals This section is for lost pet notices.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Betta Bomb

Aw I understand what you mean about the which cat you keep thing. I wish I had that 6th sense !! There's a male minirex bunny at the shelter here now O.o Either way, Blue will have a fantastic second journey now. Thanks to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
It's all for them

I went to visit Blue this morning! She is SO HAPPY! Eating every chance she gets, loving loving loving. My gosh even now she is so thin I don't know how she survived, and with no organ damage. But her skin is already starting to heal from the flea dermatitis, she's grooming herself and talking up a storm. She's charmed the staff at the clinic and is not lacking for love and care while there.

My vet is cautiously optimistic, there was quite a bit of bone loss where the bone infection was. And of course, there's no knowing yet if this is the kind of stomatitis that is going to come back, even after the teeth are gone, but we can pray that it won't.

Her whiskers are HUGE! LOL! I fed her a bag of whiska treats the tech gave me while I waited for my vet to come in to talk to me. I meant to bring my camera, but forgot it. I wanted to get some video of her walking around, when she moves it really shows how emaciated she still is, but it won't be long now before she fills out. She is a small cat, even smaller than Queen Eva I think.

I'll get to see her one more time, on Monday when I go in to pay the bill I'll visit with her again, and then on Tuesday morning she will be picked up by the Shelter Manager. I'll be sure to ask her to let me know if/when Blue gets adopted.

The clinic is not charging me for the boarding/hospital stay (which will total one week by the time she is released), just the dental surgery, medicines, and of course her initial visit, where she had her SNAP tests, check up and rabies vaccine and convenia shot. Whatever the final tab, it's worth every penny to me, to see this sweet beautiful happy cat free of pain and getting a chance for a loving life.

I can't stop smiling over it all.

Declawing: please read this first
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Betta Bomb

Aw, what a happy ending!! I'm so happy! I would love to see more pictures and a video! What a nice clinic you deal with too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
It's all for them

I'll remember my camera on Monday! Yes, I love the vet clinic I use. It took me a long time to find them, 7 years and four other awful practices. Then this clinic opened up about a year before I tried them, two owner vets and four staff vets. The vet I use is one of the staff vets.

I spend a lot of money and time there, because some of my cats (current and past) are special needs. I hear a lot of "we should set up a cot for you" jokes.

This is the first time I've ever brought in a cat I've rescued that I don't intend to adopt, and I am grateful for their willingness to board her gratis, any little bit of savings is appreciated, it's going to be a big bill even so. I'm not complaining, I am just glad I was able to do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
It's all for them

Blue needs more prayers

We found out today that Blue is hyperthyroid. My vet was concerned that she is eating so voraciously and has not gained any weight, so she did an in house blood test today. 4.7 is the outer range of normal and Blue's T-4 came back 5.

I don't know what this will mean for Blue's future at the shelter. I had no way of contacting the Shelter Manager who will be picking Blue up tomorrow to let her know this latest development. (the shelter is closed on Mondays, and she, the shelter manager, was off)

My vet said she would speak to Shelter contact in the morning. Please say a prayer, or send vibes that somehow this works out all right for Blue. I can't bear the thought of getting her this far and then having to let her go. I can't take her. I have to consider the quality of life of my four (and myself) and a fifth cat is just not doable. I've been hoping someone at the vet would fall in love with her, and they all have. Many staff came up to me today to share a story about Blue. But as you can imagine, their homes are all already full, too.

Maybe the shelter has a foster network for special needs cats, I don't know. I want so much for this little cat to have a nice life. My vet is guessing she is about 10 years old, but we can't really know.

I've got some pictures I took today, just have to edit them for size. Her coat has grown in some and is very soft and thickening. But you'll see how painfully thin she still is.

Thanks for keeping Blue in your thoughts and prayers a while longer.

post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
It's all for them

Skinny girl

Sweet girl

Smart girl (wanted to go back to her space, knew the door handle was the way to go)

Do you like my pretty whiskers? (she has HUGE whiskers!)

Blue is red with tabby markings on her face, tail and legs. Her Bib, Tummy and Paws are cream. Her eyes are yellow. She loves people and does not flinch at barking dogs noise coming from behind the door.

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 03:47 PM
is a little "special"

Aww, what a cutie! Wow is she skinny though!

I sure hope she finds a home, the poor girl has been through so much.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Betta Bomb

Aw, I hope all the best for her. What a lovely cat!
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Zoo Keeper

Poor baby. SO pretty though

Proud Mommy to-
Cat: Emma
Rats: Apollo, Yuki, Ember, Mei
Hamsters: Kodi, Bear, Koda, Abbi

post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
It's all for them

Blue is at the shelter!

My vet left me a message that Blue was picked up this morning! Vet was able to talk with her and said Shelter Manager did not seem dismayed about the hyperthyroid news and felt Blue has a good chance of finding a forever home. So..Blue's fate is out of my hands now.

It's kind of a weird...bittersweet?...feeling. In the past week I invested so much time and thought and energy into Blue...and now, just like that, it's over. I trust this shelter, I adopted Mazy from them, and they have a good sound screening process. But when I listened to the message from my vet I caught myself by surprise by bursting into tears. Partly happy tears, but a tug of pain, too, I've never been very good at letting go, which is one of the reasons I am not cut out for rescue work.

The Shelter Manager did not return my call or e mail. Perhaps, once they take an animal in, they feel no obligation to update the person who left the animal. Of course this is a different case, Blue is not a pet that I have dumped. But maybe it's just as well that I let go now and trust that I have given her the chance she needed to enjoy the rest of her life.

(I can, of course, watch the "pets for adoption" list on their website to see when she is listed)

post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 09:56 PM
is a little "special"

Aww, I understand how you feel. Any animals that I've rescued and intended to rehome just end up staying... It's hard to let go once you have put so much of your money, time, energy, and emotions into them.

I hope Blue find an AMAZING forever home!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
It's all for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Aww, I understand how you feel. Any animals that I've rescued and intended to rehome just end up staying... It's hard to let go once you have put so much of your money, time, energy, and emotions into them.

I hope Blue find an AMAZING forever home!
Thank you Jess. Fortunately I never did have Blue at home. She was kept at the vet from the day I brought her in there. I would have found it much much harder to part with her if I'd had her in my home, and I know Tolly would have become very attached.

He was already attached to her, just from watching her out the window, before I took her in to the vet. After I did take her, he spent the next two days staring out the window looking for her. I told him repeatedly that she was safe, but that she was "not for us". He finally stopped looking for her.

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Betta Bomb

Aw, how sad. I hope he knows she's okay! What's up with the homeless orange kitties?