Update on Blue
Thank you for your support!
I am a terrible judge of gender and age, LOL!
She is female. The tattoo in the right ear, (we are hoping) means she was part of a TNR program, but it indicates she is older, as tattoos are not done anymore. She has severe stomatitis, (extremely painful dental condition) the poor little thing.
She was just as sweet as she could be at the vet, soaking up all the love. Severe flea dermatitis (we hope that's all it is) Negative for FeLV/FIV/Heartworm.
Her name is Blue. I don't know why, it's just what came to me, when I thought she was male, I was calling her Little Boy Blue as we drove to the vet. Well she's not a little boy, but she is Blue.
I don't know what's going to happen to Blue. I can't take her in, and while I would be willing to pay for her dental work (vet thinks most would have to be extracted) it's not a decision to make lightly, because where will she go while recovering from her surgery? Who will take care of her? I cannot.
We decided to at least put her on an antibiotic to maybe help her mouth clear up a little, while waiting to see if anyone claims her. After discussing the pros and cons of liquid vs pills (vet felt I might cause her too much pain pilling, I was afraid she wouldn't eat food with liquid antibiotic mixed in) I agreed to the convenia shot.
However.....their water sterilizer went on the blink just at that time. So they couldn't make up the convenia. I couldn't wait around. They offered to keep her overnight, give her the antibiotic shot when they could make it up, feed her up, love her up. Coincidence? I think not.
There is something bigger than us working here for this kitty.
(by the way, with all that going on, we forgot to scan her for the chip. I called when I got home and asked that they do it while she's there over night, though, because of the old tattoo, I doubt one will be found)
So I have a night I won't have to worry about her, and who knows what tomorrow will bring. I'm going to talk to my vet tomorrow about boarding her there for the next couple of days, while I wait for any responses to my search.
While there, she will have loving hands caring for her, and they can give her pain meds while her fate is being decided. She won't be able to have anything for pain if I put her back in the yard. This morning I spoke at great length to the Shelter manager where I adopted Mazy from over six years ago, she remembers Mazy and was delighted to hear about her.
Her suggestion is that I wait a few days to see if anyone makes a claim. If not, I am to call her back and she will try to find a place for Blue at the shelter. I will be honest about the condition of Blue's teeth and offer to sponsor her for the dental work, if they will take her in.
Jess: no garage to shelter her in, I live in a tiny second floor apartment.
Declawing: please read this first
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.