Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

My new cat

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  BrendaLynn 
#1 ·
:D Well I had a lovely tail to tell about one black and white guy that the Humane Society called Henry II. Turns out that Mr. Henry II is in fact my neice's cat Gordon. She had to move and gave him to her mother to care for and she turned him into an outside cat.
I didn't know this at the time that she was telling me about her problems with the Humane Society. (they decided not to let her have him back, I should have known better at this point)
So I decided to go get him since I was approved and I was so irritated with their decision so I broght him home intending to get him to the vet and make sure he was all healthy and what-not.

We knew that he would stay here when my in-laws who are remodeling a new house that they bought, had to be moved out of their apartment and the house was still in the drywall phase.

So I told Tina (my SIL) that he could stay with us while they try to get it completed. She was hesitant but agreed that if he wasn't too much of a bother it was o.k.

Now it's two weeks later and she tells me on Monday that sometime this week she wants to swing by and get Gordie. The house still doesn't even have plumbing so they are no closer to moving in. Turns out that Gordie is destined to be an outside cat! :(

So he was unvacinnated and outside :mad2: I see why they denied her application. He is in my name and she wants to throw him outside to fend for himself in an unlived in home!!

So I pleeded with her that my boys and I and Angel have fallen in love :lovies: with him and would she consider letting us keep him. (She has paid for all of his fees so far) So I am going to pay her back and hope that she lets it go.
Well that is how we adopted Gordie and I am happy he's here!:dancing:

See less See more
Reactions: Formula86
#10 ·
Gordie has made a nice addition so far. He is so playful and loving to Angel. He and Moose do not get along but they tolerate each other so long as one doesn't get too close and think they are staying close. They can be within a foot of each other and be fine so long as they are passing by and they can be at opposite ends of the couch and sleep fine but if one thinks about pausing for any length of time then there is all out war. Both of them love Angel she is just a little beakon of light and her and Gordie have rousing games of attack and run. It is hysterical to watch and she doesn't get rough with my boys because Gordie is her outlet. This has been working out nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.