Paw Talk - Pet Forums

Paw Talk - Pet Forums (https://www.paw-talk.net/forums/)
-   Dogs (https://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f9)
-   -   dog health concerns (https://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f9/dog-health-concerns-30146.html)

beaglebliss67 08-24-2005 12:58 PM

dog health concerns

eyes- My Beagle has cataracts in his eyes and hes starting to not see things infront of him does anyone have any suggestions??
Thanx

(i appoligize if this post is in the incorrect spot)

Keritsubo 08-24-2005 11:44 PM

I'd talk to your vet... :( POor puppy, I hope there's something that can be done for him.

beaglebliss67 08-25-2005 12:35 AM

i posted this message before and we have talked to our vet and he said laser surgery $2000 per eye would be the cure but i was seeing if anyone had any suggestions
thanx!!

Chrisanne 08-25-2005 09:31 AM

If your vet said that was the only option, then that is it sadly. An aging dog with cataracts can do fine as long as everyone around him/her remembers that the dog can't see as well anymore.

HappyDancer 08-25-2005 09:46 AM

my boyfriends dog is blind...it started slowly 4 years ago and 2 years ago she couldn't see at all...I am not sure what the cause was...its difficult in some ways for her...

Vet bills are getting so high...when we took her in it was alot to tell us she was blind and there was nothing they could do, shes a happy playfull dog, we just have to becareful not to move furniture or leave anything out...

I hope all works out for you

Gauthy 08-25-2005 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyDancer
my boyfriends dog is blind...it started slowly 4 years ago and 2 years ago she couldn't see at all...I am not sure what the cause was...its difficult in some ways for her...

Vet bills are getting so high...when we took her in it was alot to tell us she was blind and there was nothing they could do, shes a happy playfull dog, we just have to becareful not to move furniture or leave anything out...

I hope all works out for you

Reading this just broke my heart to pieces :(

beaglebliss67 08-26-2005 07:35 PM

ill take him to the vet thanx for the suggestions
keep them comming

Trickiesmurf 08-26-2005 08:58 PM

This happened to my aunts dog when he was about 11. He had diabeties, and they think he got them from the insalin. One thing that you have to be careful about is not move the furnature they can ussally find themself around the house if nothing is moved. Scotty was able to run up and down the stairs and jump on his part of the sofa. My aunt did move the furnature and she would walk him around the house with a leash.

Gecko 08-28-2005 08:49 PM

Im soo sorry to hear that though Im sorry I have no suggestions. But I would love to see pics of your beagle!! Beagles are the greatest....but then again I am kinna biased with one of my own...lol