Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Cross your fingers for Callie...

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Keritsubo 
#1 ·
Nothing to worry over but, she's going in to get her update vaccination tomorrow. I'm hoping she's gained some weight and a few extra thoughts might help.

Oh, Jackie, yeah I got her into see... Dr. T I think you called her. Hehe :D I was surprised it was so easy to get an appointment. My last office in Minnesota usually had to book at least a week ahead.

#4 ·
She's down another half pound. :( everything is normal. Uses her litter and eats plenty. They took blood to see how well this dosage of meds is helping and see how much to raise it. Hopefully that will help put weight on her.

#6 ·
I hope that helps. I know how discouraging it is to try and get weight on them and to find out they are down again!
If only I had that same problem!

#8 · (Edited)
Yeah got me in pretty fast and back out. I'm still not used to the vet tech thing. Had a lady with a thick accent, which is no problem but i thought she was the vet. lol Then she left... *blink* :lol: anyway, Dr. T was nice! I mentioned you recommending her. They seemed surprised how easy Callie is about things. Didn't do much but shake her paw at them after they drew blood. She was not happy about the microchip but got over it fast. :p She seemed hopeful that a doseage change would help Callie gain weight.

#9 ·
LOL about the vet tech!! :roflmao: I know exactly who you are talking about, but I forget her name!! If you see her again, mention me and Jasmine (my papillon) and she will go "AWW Jasmine!!" She always lets Jasmine jump all over her and thinks shes adorable. lol!

Wow Callie is so good at the vets! That's awesome! Keep us posted on how the new dosage works! :xfingers:
It's weird, out of my cats, I would think Snuggles would be the best behaved, but he's actually the worst behaved! :lol: He has tried to bite them a few times, my little angel! He's a whole different cat at the vets! And Smokie.. well he doesn't like going at all, but got really upset a few years ago when they took him back away from us to draw blood. I said "Can't you do it here, he's pretty freaked" She said "No we'll take him back and also clip his nails." Not even 2 mins later, yah, they were back in the room having Brad and I hold him because he was not being a good kitty, hissing up a storm. Ginger the most skittish, is very well behaved at the vets. :)

#10 ·
lol... yeah I was waiting for them to take her out to draw the blood but they did it in the room with me. *blink* Which was a relief cause I heard her 'scream' when she had her first drawing in February. This time went perfect... of course, I 'hid' behind the vet tech helping so I didn't have to watch. I do okay at the vets... but after watching them put monitors on Jorge at the dentist (no big deal right? ho no...) I've been more touchy than usual...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.