Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Picture of my Leo

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Chrissy 
#1 ·
This is my 17 year old Leo :) He's my kitty who has developed kidney failure :(

See less See more
#10 ·
17! He doesn't look a day over 12!
He is a real cutie. And 17 is pretty up there for a kitty. My dad has a kitty that will be 17 in October and one that is about 16 (exact bday not known) and I have a 15 year old. They are getting up there. It's funny to think just how long we have had them in our lives. I was still in high school then!
I hope he is doing well. And if the doctors tell you he needs iv fluids they are really easy to give. Just make sure the fluid is not too cold. Tabby jumps if the fluids are cold. Oh and get a helper to do it. It's really much easier that way!

#11 ·
kathydip said:
17! He doesn't look a day over 12!
He is a real cutie. And 17 is pretty up there for a kitty. My dad has a kitty that will be 17 in October and one that is about 16 (exact bday not known) and I have a 15 year old. They are getting up there. It's funny to think just how long we have had them in our lives. I was still in high school then!
I hope he is doing well. And if the doctors tell you he needs iv fluids they are really easy to give. Just make sure the fluid is not too cold. Tabby jumps if the fluids are cold. Oh and get a helper to do it. It's really much easier that way!
:) Thanks for the advice. So far he's doing ok.. he has good days and bad days as can be expected. Lately he has been looking much healthier and alert. He just loves summertime when he can go outside and hide in a dark bush and nap all day :) It's just hard to think about how this will be his last summer with us :(

#12 ·
That is what I had first thought about Tabatha but since we have been hydrating her she seems so much more spunky. I have my fingers crossed that she will out last the vets expectations. But we live every day as well as we can with her.
Even if his time is almost up you have given him a very good life. Unfortunately our furry friends cannot stay with us longer. But remember they are not really gone only waiting for us on the other side. I really believe that.
Until that time - love on him as much as you can!!

#13 ·
Oh and give him a hug from me!

#16 ·
kathydip said:
That is what I had first thought about Tabatha but since we have been hydrating her she seems so much more spunky. I have my fingers crossed that she will out last the vets expectations. But we live every day as well as we can with her.
Even if his time is almost up you have given him a very good life. Unfortunately our furry friends cannot stay with us longer. But remember they are not really gone only waiting for us on the other side. I really believe that.
Until that time - love on him as much as you can!!
Thank you so much :)

#18 ·
my cat is a ripe 17 as well but is still very active and spunky ;) though she lives at home w/my dad... and i miss her terribly...she's had her close calls and showed us that cats do seem to really have 9 lives. think positive....... :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.