Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Vet Time!

4K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  mulder 
#1 ·
So as a few of you know,Hatchet had an accident a few days ago with a glue trap.Well the past couple of days he started limping and his paw was VERRRYYYY tender.He would sometimes walk on it,other times not put any weight on it.

I waited a few days to see if it would get better,because it didn't seem to be an emergency,since he was eating and acting normal for the most part.

Today it has been about a week and he still wasn't using his paw much and still in alot of pain,so I called the vet and asked if I could come in today.

So I took Hatchet in and must say,he was a good boy! He was purring the whole time on the way and most times in the vet! He loved the attention he was getting.He freaked out when the vet had to restrain him to check his leg and x-ray him.He wasn't impressed.

Well his bones and everything there was normal.
The pain he had was abit of soreness,from the glue trap and also there was glue stuck in his fur and on his stomach and that caused some pain as well.They had to shave his leg to get the glue off and accidentally cut his skin,because the glue was really stubborn.

Hatchet now is on pain meds,they are a pill and also cream for his leg.And he has to wear an E-collar until everything heals or when I cannot supervise him,cause he was licking his leg non-stop and we don't want infection.

Anyway all in all,Hatchet's visit went pretty well and I bet having that nasty glue off his leg feels much better and also he is on pain meds now,so he should be fine.

The visit only cost me $155 for everything done today! Not bad.

See less See more
#4 ·
I am glad everything is okay too.
Poor kitty hates the collar tho.But it is for the best.
I take it off so he can eat,but I have to watch him closely.

He took his pills really well too! So thats good.No struggles.
He is a good boy.

Really? You think that is a good price? I know it wasn't a bad price,but I have heard of crazy prices to fix up animals.

#7 ·
Thanks.He is my baby.

Glad kitty is okay, please please don't use those glue traps anymore, they are terribly inhumane
I know this and DO NOT need a lecture.If you read my other posts you will see I am against them and used them as a last resort.IF I found a mouse on one,I would do my hardest to release it with oil (WHICH CAN BE DONE YOU KNOW).I thought they were out of the way,but Hatchet managed to get into the cupboard which was a first for him and thats how it happened.

I will NEVER use them again.
But if you read my previous posts throughout the forum,you would know this and I wouldn't have to explain to you again! :rolleyes:

#8 ·
I'm sorry I didn't mean to lecture and no I haven't read all the posts, I just always have to say that any time I hear those words "glue traps" I even do it to store owners when I see them sold in the stores. I'm sorry, (forgive me) I really really didn't mean to lecture. I hope the little guy is doing better

#9 ·
Honestly it is okay!
It is just I was tired and cranky when I was reading this.
I know how bad they are and inhumane and as a last resort used them.However I REALLY REGRET even buying them and WILL NEVER do that again! No way! I am ashamed I did it in the first place,makes me a hypocript,as I was always against those things.

Wasn't your fault.You didn't see my other posts,but it is okay.Like I said I was tired.Had a long few days!

The main thing is Hatchet is okay and ALL the traps are gone.I wrapped them up in like 3 bags before throwing them away.

#14 ·
Thanks.
Yup.He is doing much better now.
Still has the E-collar on (I have silly pictures,I will post later).
The vet says I have to keep it on him,until his leg is fully healed.
I took it off last night for abit,but watched him closely and he still picked at his leg,while I was there...so I had to put the collar back on.

BUT...his leg is getting better.
No longer red and he walks on it no problem now.

#23 ·
Who else had a cat at the vet who purred so loudly that the vet couldnt get a heartbeat?! come on raise your hands .....no Hatchie was surprisingly good the only other kittie that ive seen ok at the vet was GeishaGirls' sisters' cat Special Eddie who has neurilogical damage but is the silliest thing you ever did saw!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.