Paw Talk - Pet Forums

Paw Talk - Pet Forums (https://www.paw-talk.net/forums/)
-   Animal Welfare & Legal Issues (https://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f95)
-   -   2 Bunnies Drowned at Petland (https://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f95/2-bunnies-drowned-petland-53928.html)

Jess 08-04-2009 11:04 PM

2 Bunnies Drowned at Petland

***WARNING: Link contains graphic picture of girl holding 2 dead rabbits***

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2009/0...es_drowned.php

Seriously... What is wrong with people??
This just really pissed me off... I acually thought the Petland by me was a really great place- They have clean cages, and very socialized animals. I go there sometimes just to play with them, but Im not sure Ill be going back there again.

I wish they didnt kill those two poor bunnies... I would have adopted them in a heartbeat. And taking a picture with the bodies... just... Eww. That girl obviously has no heart what so ever.

CrWoodyspets 08-04-2009 11:54 PM

That's awful! How could you do that?!?! It must be pretty bad, I can't even get to the link. :(:(:(:(:( So sick :(

RenishaS 08-05-2009 12:49 AM

The link isn't working for me either.

Did they drown the rabbits on purpose? There are laws about doing things like that.

xx Angelica<3 08-05-2009 01:46 AM

http://blog.peta.org/f139/2009/08/bunnies_drowned.php this?
SHE'S ******* SMILING!
Gah. Here's the article just incase the link happens to not work.
This photo was taken in the back room of a Petland store in Akron, Ohio, and posted on Facebook by Elizabeth Carlisle, who can be seen grinning as she holds two dead, soaking-wet rabbits by the scruff of the neck—rabbits she just drowned while on Petland's time clock. On Carlisle's Facebook page, she confirmed a friend's guess that she had drowned these two rabbits and wrote, "[T]he manager took the pic for me. [S]he reminded me that there were people outside as [i] was swearing at them to just hurry up and die but then she was so kind as to take this picture."
These horrific deaths followed what was apparently an equally horrifying life for these rabbits. Other comments Carlisle posted made it clear that the rabbits were drowned after sustaining agonizing injuries when they were allowed to "attack and eat each other." The rabbits suffered from "deep wounds all over," "an eye missing," what Petland staff "suspected was a broken jaw," and paralysis from the waist down—injuries that would not have occurred had these animals been provided with proper care and supervision.
Undercover investigations have revealed time and time again that companies that breed and sell animals are concerned about profits, not animals' well-being. We are urging Petland to think long and hard about what this incident makes clear: The company has no business selling any animals.
To prevent future incidents like this one, please, never buy from pet stores and urge Petland at the very least to stop selling rabbits.

Looks like it was on purpose, someone commented on the blog:
this is seriously disturbing and heartbreaking. ugh...don't let me see this stupid ***** who did this to these rabbits!! wtf are you doing working at a pet store if you don't like animals? wtf are you doing DROWNING rabbits?!! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!

CrWoodyspets 08-05-2009 02:45 AM

link still doesnt work fro me but did you say shes smiling?? thats disgusting ):

xx Angelica<3 08-05-2009 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrWoodyspets (Post 567594)
link still doesnt work fro me but did you say shes smiling?? thats disgusting ):

Yes shes smiling. A big fat cheesy smile.:(
Does this work? http://blog.peta.org/archives/2009/0...wned.php?c=pfs

heaven33uk 08-05-2009 03:36 AM

OMG!! That's so cruel and disgusting!! I hope this girl and her manager were arrested and charged for what they've done. That photo made me wanna cry, poor little things. :(

Jo x

canadiancritter 08-05-2009 08:06 AM

None of the links work.

That is disgusting. The girl and her parents should be ashamed of her.

litlebunnies2 08-05-2009 01:15 PM

I'm not even going to try the link, I hope the individuals' involved are charged with animal cruelty.

Frankz 08-05-2009 01:23 PM

I saw it on twitter [I'm following peta :P] and it REALLY pissed me off.
WARING-PICTURE-

This photo was taken in the back room of a Petland store in Akron, Ohio, and posted on Facebook by Elizabeth Carlisle, who can be seen grinning as she holds two dead, soaking-wet rabbits by the scruff of the neck—rabbits she just drowned while on Petland's time clock. On Carlisle's Facebook page, she confirmed a friend's guess that she had drowned these two rabbits and wrote, "[T]he manager took the pic for me. [S]he reminded me that there were people outside as [i] was swearing at them to just hurry up and die but then she was so kind as to take this picture."
These horrific deaths followed what was apparently an equally horrifying life for these rabbits. Other comments Carlisle posted made it clear that the rabbits were drowned after sustaining agonizing injuries when they were allowed to "attack and eat each other." The rabbits suffered from "deep wounds all over," "an eye missing," what Petland staff "suspected was a broken jaw," and paralysis from the waist down—injuries that would not have occurred had these animals been provided with proper care and supervision.
Undercover investigations have revealed time and time again that companies that breed and sell animals are concerned about profits, not animals' well-being. We are urging Petland to think long and hard about what this incident makes clear: The company has no business selling any animals.
To prevent future incidents like this one, please, never buy from pet stores and urge Petland at the very least to stop selling rabbits.
Posted by Liz Graffeo

This got me SO mad, especially owning a rabbit myself.
How can someone do it, and SMILE? -_-

CrWoodyspets 08-05-2009 02:21 PM

:(:mad2::mad2::mad2:OMG!:mad2::mad2::mad2::( Thats awful. How could somebody do that just because?? Then be happy when her boss takes a picture of her smiling??? Its the most horrible thing I have ever heard of): ): ):

RenishaS 08-06-2009 12:21 AM

I hope that picture is used against her in the animal cruelty case.

ratty_ratkins 08-06-2009 12:26 AM

honestly it looks like a FAKE picture that PETA made up. Propaganda

Kendalle 08-06-2009 12:45 AM

even if it isn't a fake pic, 2 employees does not equal all pet stores, or all employees of pet stores, or all petlands do this.

The comment of "the manager wanted to hurry up cause there were people in the store..." there would be other employees working, or they would do this after hours when there were 0 people. They don't leave big pet stores open unemployed

sam-woodmor 08-06-2009 11:52 AM

thats so mean. i feel so bad for them. how can she even be smiling. what a sick person. :( :(:(:(:(