Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Dudley's new viv, all set up!!!

Photos! 
3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Jess 
#1 · (Edited)
Yup, it's FINALLY done! I'm pretty proud of it, and it looks rather awesome if I do say so myself! Including the viv itself, the silicone to seal it, and all the new light fixtures, it cost under $120 and it's worth every penny!
I've honestly never seen such a huge change in a pet before when moving them to a new cage. Dudley is SO much happier, it's ridiculous! He is constantly his pretty "happy colors", and he has a pure white belly and beard. Not a single stress mark, which is actually pretty weird since most beardies (especially adults) will go through relocation stress whenever you change anything in their cage, even if you get them a new dish or something. He is still eating well and everything, even ate his salad the say after I moved him it. He has been super active too.
I don't think I'll ever house a beardie in a 40 gallon again, I can see now that it's just too small.

Enough talk, here are some pictures!!

Exploring his new cage! He enjoys climbing up his log to his basking tile, launching himself across the cage, and repeating the process.

"Go away, I'm tired!"

Creamy white tummy! :heart: (Check out his beardie moobs... Notice how they extend down under his armpits. He's currently dieting, LOL!)

He likes to prop himself up like this and creep on me.

Hehe, beardie kisses!

See less See more
#2 ·

And so you can see the color difference I was talking about, here is him in his old 40 gal:

And here he is now:

Amazing, right??

And here is was my room ended up looking like. I used to have all my tanks on the utility shelf on the opposite wall of my room. Not only are utility shelf great for fish tank stands, they can be desks too! Haha!

Hope you all enjoyed his pics!! :D

#5 ·
Thanks guys!

@Michelle: I got it at Target, LOL! It was $50. :D It holds 300-something lbs per shelf, and I've used it for a year and a half without problems. I did put a board under his tank though, because it bent a teeny bit in the middle when his tank was directly on the wire shelf. I have it attatched to a hook that is screwed into the wall so it won't tip over. It wiggles a little if you bump it or jiggle it since I took the bottom shelf off, but as long as you aren't hanging on it or something it's fine LOL.

#9 ·
Thanks!! Let me know if you find the shelf!

LOL Amanda, he is a bit of a pudge. :p And oh so squishy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.