Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mack1322 
#1 ·
I have a 5 yr old daughter that loves birds in the yard and always asking me what type of bird it is. Well i looked on the internet and found these product identiflyer bird identifier

Has anyone used a product like this and how good did they perform IDing birds? They seem relatively inexpensive for the beginners.

#2 ·
A great idea!
There are some really fine bird books aimed directly at kids like your daughter. Most bookstores should carry something that would be appropriate.

Look for ones with large pictures.

A few that I'm aware of are:

Backyard Birds (Peterson Field Guides® for Young Naturalists)

Stokes Beginner's Guide to Birds: Eastern Region (Stokes Field Guide Series)

Peterson First Guide to Birds of North America (Peterson First Guide (R))

The Young Birder's Guide to Birds of Eastern North America (Peterson Field Guide)

Bob

#3 · (Edited)
We went to Barnes and Nobles and bought Stokes Beginner Guide to Birds.. Great book. Thanks for the suggestion Mygala

We also received our Identifyler (www.identiflyer.com) and Kids Starter kit from Identiflyer and my daughter loves it. She thinks it's the coolest thing on earth and goes around the house with it. Everytime she sees a bird outside she gets it ready...

What a great tool for young birders...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.