Paw Talk - Pet Forums

Paw Talk - Pet Forums (https://www.paw-talk.net/forums/)
-   Cats (https://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f10)
-   -   I'm getting peed on! (https://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f10/im-getting-peed-59276.html)

ilidawn 04-21-2011 03:00 AM

I'm getting peed on!

For a while he was doing it every other day and it's not as often now but my cat pees on me!

Every time it's happened when he gets huffy I'm not paying enough attention to him. The most recent incident was when I stopped petting him while focusing on something that came on tv...I spaced out and next thing I knew, he backed his tush up to me and peed all over my chest then took a few steps away and glared at me the way he does when he's not getting pets when he wants them.

Is there a way to stop him other than dropping whatever I'm doing every time he wants attention? I get scared at night because he's peed on me while I'm in bed when he's nudging my hand for pets as I'm trying to sleep.:confused:

Nibbler 04-21-2011 09:26 AM

is he neutured it sorta sounds like hes marking his territory ? i could be wrong though . bringing him to the vet might be a good idea

somebody 04-21-2011 02:37 PM

This could be behavioral if he is not neutered, but it could also be a health issue, he may be sick with a UTI and he is doing this to get your attention, it's his way of saying "Mom I'm sick and in pain please take me to the doctor"

Either way a trip to the vet is in order. Keep us posted!

ilidawn 04-21-2011 02:45 PM

He's neutered...and a weirdo to boot. Next paycheck I'm going to take him to the vet to get checked out.

somebody 04-21-2011 07:25 PM

Don't put the vet trip off too long. I wouldn't even wait until next week, really. A urinary tract issue in a male cat can turn fatal very quickly, as they block easily.

And urinary tract problems, whether they are caused by infections, crystals, or cystitis, HURT.

Watch him carefully and if you see any straining in the litter box, rush him to the vet immediately.

Please keep us updated.

ilidawn 04-22-2011 12:10 AM

He's been this way since I've had him years ago. I think he's having some issues that need looked at but this peeing problem has been going on since I was 16 or 17 and got worse after my mom died.

somebody 04-22-2011 09:36 AM

Well, it may very well be behavioral but it's also possible he's been carrying a low grade UTI or crystals or cystitis all these years.

Have you ever had a urine culture done on him? Or x rays or ultrasound?

If it is behavioral you may need to turn to medication such as amitriptyline.