Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This month has been the hardest month for me :( it is one year this month January that my baby stewie passed away:(iv had other rabbits since him but i just dont bond with them the way that i bonded with stewie. Iv considered getting another english lop but i know that they are really hard to find , i also know that it could never really replace stewie.

Stewie came to me and my ex with another bunny named brian. Brian went to another home where there were other bunnies for him to play with after stewie passed away. Brian i found out from his owners passed away this year in november.

Im having a really hard time dealing with stewies death i know it sounds silly, i mean its been a whole year . but i still miss my baby badly :(. exspecially when i have bad anixety attacks as he was the one that was with me through the hardest times, like when i had my first anixety attack. Rip my little friend I hope your happy over the bridge till we meet again. Mommy love you xoxo

stewies storey

I was going through a depression and was in a really bad relationship and decided i needed something just for me and posted an ad to get a rabbit i had researched many diffrent types of breed but i didnt really mind any breed would do as long as it was friendly. stewies old owners emailed me and offered me him with another rabbit named brian, they werent in the same cage, they werent willing to let him go just by himself but, the boy toy at the time decided he wanted a rabbit to so it worked out.
When they first showed up stewie was terrified bit kicked and wanted nothing to do with us. brian on the other hand loved my ex, it became his bunny as i tried really hard to work with stewie. something that seemed nearly impossible, till one day i had a really bad anixety attack and was crying, stewie managed to break out of his cage and find me in the living room came right up onto the sofa and licked me. it startled me, but thats how our friendship began, I realized not long after we had such an amazing friendlyship he hated everyone else or maybe he just hated my ex cuz he use to bite him all the time hehe. Anywayy i learned that stewie was sick with cancer :( and it was getting worst and worst. we tried everything to save him and he seemed to be getting better. but one afternoon when i went for my usual afternew nap and so did stewie when i woke up he didnt :( still to this day i ball my eyes out just thinking about him. he is truely an animal that left his foot print on my heart <3

i love you baby boy and i miss you ever so much
i hope you have fun over the rainbow bridge until we meet again.

Attachments

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
I'm so sorry about Stewie :( He was an adorable little bunny.
I know how you feel though. I can't even imagine losing Smudge right now, he means the world to me, and he has helped me through a lot. Losing my first bunny was really hard though, and so was losing Wink and Sunny.
Just remember that you were a wonderful bunny mom and you did all you could for him... It sounds like he had a wonderful time with you. <3

Maybe if you don't want another bun of your own right now, you could consider fostering? Just an idea. :)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well right now i have chino,dont get me wrong i love the little guy even thou im pretty sure he hates humains
but hes no stewie but after him im definetly considering fostering hubby and i have been looking into it.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Aw I'm sorry. I kind of know how you feel because one of my rabbits Zeus passed away in 2008 and even though it's been almost 3 years now I still miss him like crazy. Zeus had cancer too, and died when he was only 2 years old. I have three other bunnies now but no animal will ever be able to replace Zeus. He was very special to me.

It's so hard loosing pets especially ones we are really close too. It's the worst thing about having pets, that they don't live long enough. We just have to love and enjoy them for the time they are with us, and then try to just remember the happy times when they're gone.

Stewie sounds like he was amazing and I'm sure he loved you very much. You gave him a great life, and I think that's what matters most.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I'm sorry, that's really rough :(. I know what you mean, some rabbits are just special. It's been over three years since my rabbit Sakura passed away and I still miss her so much. I love my current rabbits too and they're friendly but Sakura and I had such an amazing bond.

Fostering might be something to look into, as Jess suggested. It's very rewarding.

:hugg2:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Just read your post about Stewie, and I was so touched...what a special and sweet bun-bun he was. And beautiful too. You will see Stewie again and meanwhile, he is having so much fun at The Bridge with lots of bunny friends. :)

It is perfectly normal to miss your baby, even after a year or years. We will always miss our two boys and we think about them every day. I still cry about it sometimes. Losing your baby is so hard. Rest in Peace Sweet Stewie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts