Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 40 gallon tank off of Craigslist for $28 dollars, and my assumption was that it was just the tank. Well, I got to this woman's house to pick it up and she helps me carry it outside and then bring out a ten gallon tank with 2 large goldfish and then proceeded to tell me the fish came with the tank. I didn't want to leave the poor fish in the 10 gallon so I took them, needless to say I have to buy yet ANOTHER tank just to house these huge goldfish one of which is 5 inches. They have to stay in the 40 gallon till I can find another tank. :( Why me. I know this is not ideal and I apologize.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Sadly, this happens all the time when people go to pick up a tank off Craigslist/Freecycle :(. People are so irresponsible.

You shouldn't be the one apologizing, the fish are lucky to have you :). Good luck with them.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I did find a 120 gallon for $100 so I am calling on it. So hopefully these guys will have a proper sized tank in a few days

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
Wow talk about unexpected! Sorry that you have to get a whole another tank tho. They are pretty :) Did you name them?

·
Registered
802 Posts
I would be happy you have new companions and pet, just as responsible for them.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys! I have moved the goldfish to a 150 gallon tank and they are much happier with all the room.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good to hear! You guys with huge tanks must have mahoosive houses/apartments cause all I can fit in mine is a simple 65 litre tank (about 16 US gallons I think).

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol, yeah my house is pretty big (2 story farm house) My hubby finished our basement so thats where most of the large tanks go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts