Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Fashion Animal Freak :)
1,307 Posts
No because i thought it wasnt allowed for dogs or cats or anything that size to be fed to a snake.
Also i hate any animal eating another animal like rats and mice thats just the way i feel thats why i wouldnt have a reptile that ate another mammal.

·
Herp Nerd
1,115 Posts
This thread is like 4 years old. :)

Anyway... in many parts of Asia, dogs are a regular and acceptable source of meat - for human and animal consumption, and are bred specifically for that purpose. We may find it gross and cruel by our "western" standards, but it's a completely normal part of many other cultures. If they're appropriately sized, and priced right, they likely would be among the best choice for feeding a large python in captivity - at least over there. Most zoos in Europe or North America use rabbits, pigs, and/or large fowl. You may not like it, but even predators have to eat. :)

I get approached all the time about people who think a snake would make a cool pet, but can't stomach the idea of feeding mice and rats to it... well, that is generally part of snake ownership (though there are several species that eat other things, like lizards, worms, fish... or even crickets). If you can't feed one animal to another though, a snake is probably not the pet for you, which is fine. There are no shortage of animals out there which can make great pets. Until someone invents Purina Snake Chow. :)

·
Fashion Animal Freak :)
1,307 Posts
Its just i don't have the heart to watch another animal eat another even on wildlife progames i cannot watch yes i totally understand its a circle animals eat animals and we eat animals.
Just ive seen the way some animals are cruely killed like the dogs and cats .. ive seen alot of progames on it and the way farm animals are killed aswell!
I would love to be a veg but i cant because of health reasons !!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts