Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new puppy won't sleep at night. I have had her for 4 nights.. I have tried a hot water bottle, ticking clock, a blanket covered in her mums scent a piece of my own clothing, heating and a radio which I leave on at night.. I have been keeping her in the laundry she has access to food and water and a puppy training pad and she still cries and sulks about 5 times during the night.. What else can I do?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
try putting her in ur room, with your hand leading down to her crate, remember to be patient with her this is a new experience for her without her mommy and siblings, so it will take lots of time,

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
She doesn't really need access to food and water at night. it will just cause more accidents. You will probably have to get up at least once in the middle of the night to take her outside and let her potty and then right back in to bed. She won't be able to hold it for 8 hours yet. I would take up the food and water a few hours before bed, play with her for a while for maybe an hour before bed, take her out right before bed and again the first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
64 Posts
100% on post #3.
Puppies are known for crying the first few nights. I have never had much luck with the old clock or radio tricks. What I do is lay down by the crate like I was going to sleep there. Usually a puppy may fuss a little, but then settle down and go to sleep. Once it is asleep, you can get up and go to bed. That has worked for at least every one of a dozen or more puppies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts