Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to take some nice videos of Russell this week (posted on their video thread), and I also got a few nice photos of him and his brother. So, here are some photos of my little old men. :)

Russell napping in his fort:

Getting treats from daddy:

Stanley bear is hiding in the socks!!

Peekaboo!

You found me!

Playing in his fort:

· Registered
2,020 Posts
I love your pics :) my favorite is the one at the bottom its like hes thinking who dare enter my kingdom hehehe

· Registered
2,347 Posts
Ahh Breyer, LOVE the photos, as always! Great pictures! Stan looks so sweet with his little handsome face poking out of the sock pile, what a sweetie pie! Your boys are so lucky and have such a priveleged and comfortable life (as all ratties should!). Such handsome little men!

· Registered
236 Posts
Indeed.. they look so happy!!! Wish all rats could have a life half as good as your boys...

· Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys! I'm glad you liked them! It is so special to me to be able to preserve these moments in photo and video form, and to share them with everyone here. :D

· Official Loofah Tester
1,386 Posts
How is it your guys always make the best pictures no matter what they are doing? Oh my sweet boys! Noogiehugs!

· Registered
236 Posts
Your boys are so precious.. You must be nervous as all get out because they are 2 years old.. I am nervous and mine are youngsters still... Anyway... We all just wanted to send our love to russ and stan.. and mom and dad!!

· Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Jimmie. :) Yes, it is difficult having aging boys now, particularly with all of the extra care required to keep them in good shape. They both have specific health problems that make me nervous once in a while, and there have been times when I've cried thinking about losing them... but I keep reminding myself to make each day with them a special one, as I've always tried to do since I first brought them home. That way, I know that they will always be happy and know they are loved. :)

· Registered
2,347 Posts
That is the only way to do it, Breyer. Well said. And knowing that your boys know only love and comfort and kindness, well, it does not get any better than that. And, they love you back, so much. :sneakyhug

· Registered
236 Posts
Its just not fair that thier life span is so short.. They as such loving little guys.. If I could trasfer some of my life to them I would do so in a heart beat..

· Registered
236 Posts
Russell is da man!!! err.. I mean Rat!!! lol..

We love you guys..

· Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How much do Russell and Stan weigh? My adult boys look so wittle now!
Well, Russ has lost quite a bit of weight over the past 6 months, but he is around 640 right now. Stanley, on the other hand, is very overweight, and his growing tumor adds to it quite a bit. (I honestly think he might have a hormonal problem or something that causes him to retain weight.) He is at around 900 grams, with the tumor now. ETA: I should add that both of them are just naturally BIG boys... about 19 inches long from nose to tail tip, and very big bodies. When Russ was at his prime, he was also right around 800 grams, and Stan was always about 850.

P.S. Russell's coat is amazing! He is so beautiful!!
Thank you!! I know I am biased, but he really is one of the prettiest rats I've seen. He actually looks quite a bit like Dustette's little Louna, who passed on a few months ago. She was such a beautiful little sweetie. :heart:

Russell is da man!!! err.. I mean Rat!!! lol..

We love you guys..
Thanks so much, Jimmie. :hugg2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.