Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my two lil guinea pig males got into a little fight tonight. One has a little cut under his eye and the other one, well, is alright because he's the dominate one. Should I worry or should I seperate them for the rest of the night?

Any suggestions would be helpful...:confused:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
i wish i could help but i dont no much about them, so i dont have much to say if there fighting maybe consider seprating them?

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
I don't know about GP's but with bunnies, unless they are neutered they will almost always fight. I would separate them too in the meantime. But, you said there is a heirarchy going on with the domination. Maybe they'll be okay but again, I don't know about gp's. Best of luck with them!

·
Rodentologist
1,941 Posts
Guinea pigs are not the same as rabbits and they don't have to be neutered to live together. However, they do need a lot more space than most people realize. A pair of young males needs at least 10 square feet between them and more is better! The average "pet store" cage is between 5-6 square feet. Much too small!

·
It's all for them
603 Posts
Guinea pigs are not the same as rabbits and they don't have to be neutered to live together. However, they do need a lot more space than most people realize. A pair of young males needs at least 10 square feet between them and more is better! The average "pet store" cage is between 5-6 square feet. Much too small!
Great advice! Pe4life, I hope you can give your boys more room so they can live peaceably together.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Thanks for clarifying Jennicat!! :) Okay, I would give them more room! NIC cubes or even cloroplast cages are a very great idea. You can make them fit any space and for gp's they can be short enough for easy access for you to get in there. I remember my sister had her room decked out half with NIC and the other half with the rats. The NIC spanned 2 wide but like 6 down, it was a lot of room!! Then for their bed she had an always open commercial cage.
NIC cubes are available at wal mart type dept. stores for like 20$. You can use the connecter peices or cable ties to connect them ^.^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts