Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for rodents to skip meals etc. Only my jird is perfectly healthy and hes drinking fine, only he'll go a day or so without eating and then start to eat again. Also he's been sleeping alot lately could this be to do with the time of year??:confused:

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I don't know much...actually anything about jirds.
Do they hibernate?? Maybe he/she is getting ready to do that?
I am sorry...I know nothing about jirds.Hopefully someone can help you.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well before i got him i didn't find anything on jirds hibernating etc and i've taken him to the vets just to be on the safe side but she said theres nothing wrong, he's a strange one :)

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
I don't know about jirds either, but a lot of rodents store food in their favorite places and hideouts. Usually to hide from cagemates, and just a habit when they don't have cagemates.

·
Registered
190 Posts
i agree with crwoodspets. my mice always have food everywhere in there cage and in there house.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
i agree with crwoodspets. my mice always have food everywhere in there cage and in there house.
:) And it funny because Maggie always digs for it whenever I clean the cage :lol:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah thanks guys and you were right crwoodyspets i found a lil stash in his house, he lost his brother a few months ago so i think this might explain his behaviour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts