Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wonderful husband(perfect actually) he wanted to surprise me w/ .........another cockatiel.....but I have read to have one fully tamed before you get another.....Kimmie seems alot happier, she's playing w/ her toys now and I do LOVE Petie(new one), but I wanted to bond really strongly w/ Kimmie before a new one........so my ? is can you tame two birds at same time? Has any one done this?Any suggestions at all?
I love my hubby(he meant well), he didn't know, I love both birds. But I'm selfish I wanted a really strong bond w/ all of them that I got,so plz help!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just wanted to say that I have made process w/ Kimmie and Petie, each of them get one-on-one time in bathroom for 15mins. four times a day, then we all three spent qualitly time ( on my shoulder) when I clean up(I talk the whole time) or on my knees when on the put(read them my e-mails), and Kimmie takes shower w/ me one day and next day it's peties turn. They step up now, but still bite:(.............they are going to teach me patience thats for sure.........

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another question(gosh I'm full of them, huh) I know that cockatiels take time to eat greens, vegetables,eggs,ect., Before my husband bought Petie Kimmie would eat everything! But now no matter however I present it(mixed w/ pellets,on top pellets, between cage bars, on mirror, paper in bottom of cage, ect.,) she and him will not touch it. Why did she change?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm the type of girl(I say that cause my 29 birthday is this month & I'm in denial, funny that having 4 kids 11 girl, 9 girl,and 2 twin8month old boys doesn't make me feel old but 29 does,huh) that if you tell me I can't do something I will break my neck to do it. And all books and websites say taming 2 birds at same time is next to impossible, well it can be done.......the key(I'm learning patience)is go slow. They both "step up" now, shower w/ me,ride on shoulder, no longer biting,and eating just about anything(hey I said "just about" ok). My poor husband still dosen't know that getting another cost my a greater bond,even though I love them both SO MUCH and we're doing ALOT better they will never love me as much as I love them, but thats OK w/ me. Loving them and cooking for them is payment enough!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I don't know much about birds at all...but it is nice to hear that things are working out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts