Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
canis lupus familiaris
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be careful what you wish for...they say.

The past few weeks of my life have been ****. I went to a wishing well and wished for another dog and a new house. Spyro isn't much of a playmate for Loki but Loki LOVES to play with other dogs.

Well...someone left a dog in my yard....

It LOOKS like a papillon x chihuahua. It is barking at EVERYONE that walks by and won't let us get close to it. Tonight we're going to try to catch her. We will be posting ads...hoping she wasn't stolen. VERY beautiful.

Then I'm off to take her to the vet.

But first...any tips on catching her? I have never just had an animal abandoned in my yard except small kittens that couldn't walk.

...now where is my new house :lol:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
what about trying to lead her into the house, with a trail of treats ? or slowly walking up to her and sit a little away from her with treats in ur hand,and let her come to u

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Sit in the grass with a book (or three, ha). Don't do anything, don't even look at her. Let her get used to your presence. Once she begins to relax, lightly toss food towards her (something stinky like hotdog). Then go back to ignoring her for a while. Next time you toss food, toss it so she has to come closer.

Repeat until you can get her close enough to grab. I would toss a blanket over her to pick her up although a slip leash would also work if you're quick.

Good luck, it just takes a lot of patience.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hope you can manage to catch that pup safely, maybe there's a tag or he is being microchipped for owner identification..

·
canis lupus familiaris
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well she took off...dunno where she went. Next day two more dogs showed up...whats going on?

They also took off. Boyfriend says one of them had broke in our yard before to get some water so now I have a BIG bowl of water out there for whatever thirsty animals come up lol.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Maybe put out a Havahart trap with some wet food?

·
canis lupus familiaris
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe put out a Havahart trap with some wet food?
I can't afford to buy one and they're only for rent for cat sized animals. That and my stupid neighbor lets his chihuahua run up and down the streets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts