Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got two african dwarf frogs and I tried to feed them frog bites, flake betta food, and pellet betta food. Neither one of them seem to have eaten anything at all. It kind of looks like one is trying to mate with the other. Does anyone know how often and how much they eat. Or if therre are any other foods I can give them. They do move around the cage a bit.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
I had some before and they wouldn't eat any pellet foods. They really enjoyed frozen foods though - bloodworms, brine shrimp, stuff like that. They sell them frozen or freeze dried, but I heard that the freeze dried ones aren't as good for them. See if the pet store has a freezer in the fish section with frozen fish foods.

·
Loopy AppleNose
235 Posts
Yes, I had the same problem with mine. They would not touch any pellet foods, but I had great success with the frozen foods mentioned (bloodworms, etc)

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I don't feed mine pellets and don't feel they are a good staple. I would try frozen or live foods :). Don't feed freeze-dried as their main diet...get the actual frozen stuff.

Mine always loved krill and bloodworms the most. But they'll also eat mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, and live blackworms.

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok. thanks.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
where can you get live black worms...? i havent been successful with ever finding a live aquatic food product..do you order yours online?

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
where can you get live black worms...? i havent been successful with ever finding a live aquatic food product..do you order yours online?
I get live foods at a locally owned petstore. The chains probably won't have blackworms =/. You could call some of the smaller stores in your area :).

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
OMG HOW DO YOU GET YOUR FROGS TO LIVE?!!! Mine always die even if they do eat. I think I went through, like, eight. Ugg...

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
OMG HOW DO YOU GET YOUR FROGS TO LIVE?!!! Mine always die even if they do eat. I think I went through, like, eight. Ugg...

make sure all you water perimeters are good...make sure that you are not over crowding your tank by overstocking with fish...its suggested that the little guy should have at least a ten gallon tank, making it easier to maintain the tank...and before you add any fish into a tank make sure its cycled

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
My tank was cycled, It is a 10g w/ 2 filters, it had 3 tiny fish in it: 2 platties and one guppy. He was eating, swimming, and doing great untill he died. I had my water tested the day befor I got him and it was perfect. I guess I just dont have good luck with the little guys...

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
I fed them blood worms!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts