Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These pictures were taken at the NL Pet Expo (June 12th).
A couple of the dogs have leashes on because they were still "learning" the course.

I love this one!

I love this one too!

More coming...

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh these were at the agility trial,but didn't take part.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Yay agility! :D The dogs look like they're having fun!

Like Michelle, I've recently gotten into agility with our dogs. We have a small backyard agility course set up and my foster dog is especially awesome. She gets so excited when it's agility time and it tires her out (which is always great for JRT mixes, haha).

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very cool. I've been getting into agility more with Kitsune, just for fun, and it's awesome how much the dogs seem to enjoy it :)
Thats awesome. How is he doing in it?

I am definitely going to put my dog in agility when I get one. They seem to love it! Even the humans have fun! :D

Yay agility! :D The dogs look like they're having fun!

Like Michelle, I've recently gotten into agility with our dogs. We have a small backyard agility course set up and my foster dog is especially awesome. She gets so excited when it's agility time and it tires her out (which is always great for JRT mixes, haha).
Nice! I'd love to have my own little course for when I foster/get my own dog,but I currently don't have a yard. So I would have to go to the places this organization set up. Which is still fine by me! :talk:

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
awesome! I loved the vids, showed the variations in skill ;) The big old boxer and the super hyper herding dog (aussie?).. I agree it's especially for terriers to burn some of the energy they have. If I had my time back I would have had Coco put in it.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awesome! I loved the vids, showed the variations in skill ;) The big old boxer and the super hyper herding dog (aussie?).. I agree it's especially for terriers to burn some of the energy they have. If I had my time back I would have had Coco put in it.
Yep,he's an Aussie.
Yeah,they had dogs from all levels there...beginners to advanced. It was very fun to watch.

This is a semi new thing here on the island...so back when Coco was in his prime,they didn't have it. However the lady that was doing this did say there is no set age on dogs,as long as they were having fun.

Here is their link.
http://www.nfldathleticdog.com/

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Yea.. Coco won't be able to participate in agility. He tuned me out completely today while at the park and no matter how loud I called or clapped my hands (Matt too) he just kept his busy sniffing. I know he would be too distracted in a room full of doggies too. :(

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No I know Coco can't do it...but she did say older dogs can participate. They have different levels. And no dogs are naturals at agility at first,it takes training. That is why the leash was on some of the dogs in this,because they were still new and learning it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Oh my, that was so much fun and great to see them smiling while doing agility!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts