Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my friends,

My question is this..

I may have a wonderful job offer in Ft. Mcmurry Alberta Canada. Does anyone know the ruls for bringing my domestic pet rats into Alberta Canada? I did a google search on this topic and I dont like the results so far. So does anyone have solid info? Are rats not allowed there? Let me know what you know. Thanks.

Jimmie and the gang!

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
Hello my friends,

My question is this..

I may have a wonderful job offer in Ft. Mcmurry Alberta Canada. Does anyone know the ruls for bringing my domestic pet rats into Alberta Canada? I did a google search on this topic and I dont like the results so far. So does anyone have solid info? Are rats not allowed there? Let me know what you know. Thanks.

Jimmie and the gang!
Your rats will be killed if found, and you will be fined $5000. Sorry rats are illegal in Alberta :(

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That sucks!!! Where do you live ? I thought you lived in Canada...you live in Toronto.. and they are legal there? Are other rodents legal like hamsters and gerbils?

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
That sucks!!! Where do you live ? I thought you lived in Canada...you live in Toronto.. and they are legal there? Are other rodents legal like hamsters and gerbils?
No idea on hamsters and gerbils but rats are legal in canada except Alberta.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts