Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's spring. My rabbit has been digging almost non-stop for the past few weeks (keeping me up at night, I'd like to add!). Now this particular rabbit is nesting. They've been carrying around hay and building nests around my room and in their cage. This even involves plucking out some fur to line the nest.

Which rabbit? My neutered male. I don't get it :rolleyes:. He's done this a few other times in the past, always in spring. Shouldn't my female rabbit be the one nesting? :lol:

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow. I just put a huge pile of fresh hay in his cage. He gathered it all up and ran into my closet. I hope he eats it after he gets over this phase, I don't want a closet full of hay :lol:.

·
Registered
114 Posts
ha ha rabbits never cease to amaze you! My male bunny has been digging a lot lately, but i think he just enjoys it :p If i move my rabbit from something he is not supposed to be doing or not supposed to go, he ALWAYS goes right back to the exact same thing / spot, atleast three more times before moving on! Maybe bunnies have a slightly one track mind lol.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Haha that's so crazy. My Berry had been obsessively digging lately too, but not building a nest or anything like that. She's a spayed female though so her nesting would make a little bit more sense!

That's so weird. I don't think I've ever heard of a normal male nesting like that.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Maybe he's just flirting with his honies to show them what a sensitive guy he is?!?! LOL Could it be the weather change and he's just real excited about the warming temperatures? Acacia has been aggravating our sleep lately by tearing newspapers, I'm convinced she's self teaching herself to read.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe he's just flirting with his honies to show them what a sensitive guy he is?!?
Haha, maybe, but he HATES my other rabbit :lol:. And she hates him! They're the only pair I've ever given up on bonding.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I can usually distract my outdoor rabbits from digging most of the year, however in the spring and fall, it is almost impossible. But that nesting thing, that is just too wierd!

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
LOL, that's so weird! Smudge hasn't done anything strange yet, so I hope it stays that way!

·
Poooooppp!
154 Posts
Speckle likes to digg, but I have yet to see her nesting, she's spayed, so I dont know if i'll see her doing this. If she does it's probably going to freak me out as I've read they pull fur from their chest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts