·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this pic in my email, these ferrets sure look different lol

·
Registered
559 Posts
I've met a few ppl who own angoras. They do have hair hanging out of their nose *gag* LOL
I do know most of them have said angoras have a very different personality than other ferrets. They seem to be much more high strung and "mouthier". I know of several who have said that theirs nipped way more than their others.
I've been in Marc's store a number of times and they just look like ferrets with bed head LOL
And unfortunately, there have been claims made that angoras do not suffer the same illnesses as average ferrets do, such as adrenal disease or insulinoma. There is no scientific proof of this and these ferrets have not been around long enough to see any real trends in their health.
Angoras are pretty expensive. I thought privately bred ones were expensive, but then I saw the price on angoras. They start at $400+; the price can be much higher...it all depends on where you are in terms of shipping distance.
They are neat to look at, but they require a bit of extra grooming and I would think would have more of a prob w/ ingested fur during shedding season--which increases their chances of developing a hairball(which can cause a blockage)
They also aren't accepted in championship rings at ferret shows here in the US--they are considered a diversion from the breed.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I am also on canadian exotics, was it you that posted that pic. I just found them so odd looking and thought the people here would like to see it
:)

·
Registered
252 Posts
That is too cute!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts