Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I totally forgot! A little while ago a couple of you wanted me to post recent Angus pictures and I have been so busy and also a bit forgetful. But here are some recent Angus pictures. These were taken earlier this month.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Aww he's so cute when I got my rats I wanted a siamese girl but they where all sold ):

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aw, I forgot about his gimp tail! He's still quite a cutie ^^
Thanks. Yeah,his poor tail. He gets on quite well though,just has a few balance issues when trying to climb and such. You might get to see him again soon,because I might be taking him to the "NL Pet Expo" again.

Aww he's so cute when I got my rats I wanted a siamese girl but they where all sold ):
Thank you.
Aww,maybe someday you will get a Siamese. They are beautiful rats.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Aww, what a sweetheart! Angus, hooray! Thanks for posting those great pictures, Vanilla, he is gorgeous and so huggable looking. :)
I was one of the people who wanted to see some Angus photos, so I thank you! Give him a smooch from me!:sneakyhug

·
Registered
242 Posts
This is a Siamese rat? Crazy! When we got Cocoa and Grace they were PURE white except for a TINY bit of grey on their noses. Now, about six months later, they look exactly like Angus, with the splotchy looking fur and everything. That's awesome to finally know what they are!

P.S. He's an absolute cutie! I swear he could be related to Cocoa and Gracie LOL. What happened to his poor tail???

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aww, what a sweetheart! Angus, hooray! Thanks for posting those great pictures, Vanilla, he is gorgeous and so huggable looking. :)
I was one of the people who wanted to see some Angus photos, so I thank you! Give him a smooch from me!:sneakyhug
Thanks. I will definitely give him some smooches from you. He is such a sweetheart,I wish you could meet him in person. I can flip him on his back for belly kisses and he will lie there. He is incredibly sweet.

This is a Siamese rat? Crazy! When we got Cocoa and Grace they were PURE white except for a TINY bit of grey on their noses. Now, about six months later, they look exactly like Angus, with the splotchy looking fur and everything. That's awesome to finally know what they are!

P.S. He's an absolute cutie! I swear he could be related to Cocoa and Gracie LOL. What happened to his poor tail???
I should clarify...Angus is a TRIAMESE...not Siamese. He has the Siamese markings,but a broken hood marking as well.

If your rats are pure white with a small grey smudge,they are Himalayan. Siamese rats have cream colored bodies with dark points,while Himalayans have white bodies with brown or grey points.

As for Angus' tail...I don't know. He was a Kijiji rat. Misses had a litter of "accidental babies" and when I went to choose one,there was little Angus missing most of his tail and I decided to take him. She said she didn't know what happened. It s possible as a pinky or young baby his tail was trapped or chewed off by mom. He does extremely well despite it though,just has a few balance issues. He has trouble climbing sometimes or staying on high places. But otherwise he is a happy,healthy little fella'.

·
Registered
242 Posts
They were pure white when we got them as babies, as they have matured their fur has become creamier and they have patches of fur that look pink in some light, brown in others. They both have dark smudged noses. Does that sound Siamese or Himalayan to you?

I think his missing tail adds character, he looks like a total sweetie. And the balance issues are probably just more entertainment, as long as he doesn't get hurt of course!!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They were pure white when we got them as babies, as they have matured their fur has become creamier and they have patches of fur that look pink in some light, brown in others. They both have dark smudged noses. Does that sound Siamese or Himalayan to you?

I think his missing tail adds character, he looks like a total sweetie. And the balance issues are probably just more entertainment, as long as he doesn't get hurt of course!!
Hmmm,I would have to see pictures of them.Pure white as babies sounds Himalayan...but if they are creamy now, they are prolly Siamese. I will show you a Siamese and a Himalayan now in a sec...

He is a sweetie!! :D Yeah,he has never got hurt...but one time I almost had a "heart attack". I had him on my shoulder and he fell off and landed on my hardwood floors with a thud, I was so scared he got hurt...he was dazed, but otherwise fine. I have to be super careful if he is on my shoulder now though, because he doesn't have the proper balance to stay up there. He is silly though...when he is climbing, he is so clumsy.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are some Siamese and Himalayan examples.

This is Schatzi - he is a Siamese boy

Here is Kiefer,one of the rats I am currently fostering...he is a Siamese

And Thor...he is also Siamese,but a "poor Siamese" and does not have a point on his butt

I don't have any Himalayans right now, but here are 3 I used to have...all of these girls were Himalayan and all were rescues. R.I.P girlies.

Milky (she was blind in one eye...as you can see)

Vanilla

****** (she had a dirty head here)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts