Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright. i was looking for a new avatar for another site i am registered on and i was searching google.. and i came across this site (i am not even going to mention it, as i do not want ANY ONE on here to see what i just saw).. let just say it was an all creature website. they were against animal abuse and everything, dont get my wrong.. but the images posted. Oh.. my.. god. i dont think that people should see something that. im not even sure why i looked after seeing the first few things, but it kind of gave me more insight into what really does happen. however, at the same time it makes me want to cry/kill someone.

lets say that the people in iraq found an injured dog, and thought it would be fun to shot it.. the first 4 shots "missed" and did not kill it and you can HEAR the dog. also, have pictures of the darker site of dog racing. in africa believe it or not it is normal for someone to hang their dog if they arent "good enough" of a hunter.. and it also had images from puppy mills.. and places that kill dogs for meat.

this is not much of a point to this.. but i am pissed, enraged even. i cannot believe that places are a loud to have that out so that anyone can see it.. and i dont have any idea how people can do anything like this.. and why is it fair that they can do that to an inoccent animal but in some states this would only give them.. what a year in jail?! i cannot BELIEVE what i just saw.:mad2:

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
Websites like that are a sad reality.

There was one that some guy posts webcams at different angles in his attic and kills rats using various methods. I believe that website has been shut down a few times. I think if that one was shut down, why can't all of them get shut down? Yea yea yea freedom of speech and expression and everything else...I guess it's just one of those things, if you don't like it don't look.

·
Paw Talk's prodicle son .
2,405 Posts
Brittney is well up on this cruelty stuff , some of the stuff she has highlighted is realy horendous.

How cruel some people can be towards animals.

So out of bl**dy order.

= #^ . ^# =

·
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome
2,224 Posts
Considering the website was AGAINST animal abuse, I think it's good they would post graphic images of how people really treat animals. Sometimes people need a rude awakening before realising how serious the problem really is. Granted, there probably should have been some disclaimer on the site stating that it contained graphic images that may not be suitable for some people.

:shrug:

I feel the same way about images of war. I feel it shouldn't be sugar-coated and played down. If more people realised how dirty, nasty and disgusting war was, they'd be a lot more hesitant before engaging in it.

I'm sorry you had to see images you didn't want to see, though. :( Again, the site should have had a disclaimer of sorts.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i also understand the reason they are being posted. but at the same time i mean the page was SO long, they could have posted like one of each act of cruelty.. not 20 per category.

its horrible that someone can do something like that though.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I think I MAY know what site you were at.I have been in a site with long pages of pics of animal cruelty...then again,could be totally different site.

Things like this is posted to show people what goes on.As mentioned,it is a sad reality.Most sites do mention they have disturbing images tho.And that way,if you don't wanna see...don't look!

Greyhound racing is bad...behind the scenes I mean,especially in places like Spain where they hang the dogs afterwards or shoot them in the head or in Mexico where they use the retired racers as live shark bait.Among other cruel things.

Here in Newfoundland,beagles are shot when they are no longer good for hunting anymore or they are abandoned.They are starved,kept in tiny and dirty kennels and abused/negleted all the time.I have seen this in person and it is NOT pretty at all.We have gotten some rescued dogs in,in unimaginable shape!

Unwanted puppies/kittens are thrown in garbage bags with heavy rocks and thrown into ponds to drown them.

Puppy mills overbreed in filthy conditions with imporper vet care or anything.

The list of cruelty goes ON and ON and ON.Thats why websites show these images.To get the point across.Sadly many of the animal welfare/rights organizations don't do anything to actually help the animals,they just post the evidance/proof.

Thats the sad reality...

·
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome
2,224 Posts
Vanilla_Rat said:
Greyhound racing is bad...behind the scenes I mean,especially in places like Spain where they hang the dogs afterwards or shoot them in the head or in Mexico where they use the retired racers as live shark bait.Among other cruel things.
Are you referring to the dogs used as shark bait on the French-controlled island of Réunion? I haven't heard of Mexico using greyhounds as shark bait and can't seem to find any information on the Internet that says otherwise.

Sorry! Didn't want to hijack the thread, but wanted to clarify on that. :)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
pihlaja said:
Are you referring to the dogs used as shark bait on the French-controlled island of Réunion? I haven't heard of Mexico using greyhounds as shark bait and can't seem to find any information on the Internet that says otherwise.

Sorry! Didn't want to hijack the thread, but wanted to clarify on that. :)
Haha!OOPS!I think thats it.I knew some place uses them like that.Mexico does something tho,because when I was learning different things,I remeber hearing something done to greys in Mexico.

I haven't been updated on my info in awhile tho...maybe it is time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts