Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Princess in Waiting
1,377 Posts
I agree with that theory about hunting, Pia. Hunt what you need or use. I see it more as a way of life than a sport.

·
I'm not weird, I'm gifted
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Igreed.
When the word "sport" is used when talking abut hunting, I get a bit sick to my tummy...

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
I completly disegree with fur... whether its farm raised or wild cought, its totally unnessecary for fashion purposes.
I do admit tho, when I was really little and I didnt know what they did to the animals (I thought they just took fur off of random already-dead animals in the woods and such XD) I bought a bunny fur. I was gonna bury it now, but its one of Smudges fav toys. ^^ So it has a good use I guess.
I hate all hunting... I think its absolutly sick to go around killing animals for the fun of it. Animal heads on walls and stuff make me wanna puke too... I dont get how someone can stand to look into the face of an animal they cruely killed. :C

·
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Jess:
I understand where you are comming from, but try reading my and Crittercall's last posts.
Here you will se that not all "kill for fun", and to just assume this is very wrong!
As an eksample, sometimes people have to kill animals to avoid overpopulation. If the population is allowed to just run wild, many animals would die of starwation.
Is it still wrong, in your opinion, to kill some of the animals (like some of the old males or weak animals), in a human way?
Personally I can't see the problem with this, and honestly I like eating meat from these animals, and using their fur...

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
On the subject of; mentioning wearing chinchilla...I had chinchillas in the past.I'm outraged at the very thought.
Wearing leather& such? Um...not I.
I don't wear leather,fur,silk,suede,wool...you name it,its not on me.
I think it looks absolutely grotesque for humans to wear fur,& I second the not shaving route if you want hair on you.

I'm actually quite proud of my activism.I'm not going to do anything extremist to get my point across,but if i'm passionate about something,i'm doing something about it.It's just me.I'm quite ok with having people hating me for that if they must,or loving me for it.

On the subject of China...yes,I was really against the Olympics& the like.The chinese government i'm not a fan of.Very much into the freedom of Tibet.
Gah; lack of human rights tick me off as well.

My products are normally non-slave trade made& humane whenever possible with slight exceptions i'm sure as I'm human.
But man; i'm way too into D.i.Y [do it yourself] at the moment.

Hunting...I would never do it.Then again,I don't eat the stuff.If your going to hunt,use the whole animal.Don't kill "X number of things" & let some carcasses rot.Use them.What you can't eat yourself donate to someone who will.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Jess:
I understand where you are comming from, but try reading my and Crittercall's last posts.
Here you will se that not all "kill for fun", and to just assume this is very wrong!
As an eksample, sometimes people have to kill animals to avoid overpopulation. If the population is allowed to just run wild, many animals would die of starwation.
Is it still wrong, in your opinion, to kill some of the animals (like some of the old males or weak animals), in a human way?
Personally I can't see the problem with this, and honestly I like eating meat from these animals, and using their fur...
If some one humanly kills the old, weak, or sick animals to control the population, thats different than the hunters who kill the biggest, strongest buck they can find for a trophy. Its better for the species if the weak animals are killed cuz of overpopulation I guess, because the cougars and whatnot would just kill them any way, so I dont have as much of a problem with that. But trophy hunting for the biggest and best animal isnt really good for any one in my opinion. ;)

·
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Oh, you were talking about trophy hunting?
Yeah, that's just sick...
Like people who come to africa to hunt big game... so awful :(
They should hunt them because they want to eat them and be "one" with nature. Not because they want to show how macho they are when killing the biggest and badest bull :(

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Yeah, trophy hunting is definatly one of the worst things out there. :(
I was looking up pictres of cheetahs, adn there was one pic of some one holding a dead sheetah going on about how fun cheetah hunt are... wtf?? There are hardly any cheetas left in the world, and people are leading HUNTS for them to make some money! Its aweful.

·
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I've seen two wild cheetas in Kenya ^_^
That was SO big!
We saw some lions with cubs, and a rhino with a calf (sp?) too - that was SO nice... Everybody shoud go on a photo safari if they had the chance..
Eaven though the americans down there were very annoying, they kept yelling every time they saw an animal, scaring them away :rolleyes:
So annoying when stupid people go on those trips, especially when they some from contries where you might think they are a bit stupid and owerweight, and you only get that confirmed... (I don't think amaricans are stupid in general - you'll find those people all over the world ;))

I remember a danish program a while back. I think it was 4 older ladies who wanted to go game hunting in africa.
I didn't like that program at all, but one of them especially ticked me off.
She wanted to kill a big male baboon. Her reason for wanting a baboon was that she thought these were very ugly and agressive animals, and should just be shot.
One of the things she pointed out was when the grownups get mad at the young baboons and hit or bite the - for this a big male needed to die... So, so wrong!

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
im totally against the sport killing of any animal,i would love to someday go to Africa or Australia to see some wild elephants or tigers(etc.),its the fault of poachers that i may never see them in the wild...

:myop:but i do sense there is little bit of nationalism goin on here,Chinchi,we know your danish and that your proud of your heritage but im from Newfoundland ,so is Candyraver and a few others here,its in Canada-not the US- so i cant understand why you keep mentioning bad qualities from the US and comparing them to your own counties standards.ex:"especially when they some from contries where you might think they are a bit stupid and owerweight," thats your own quote and no,not every country is "perfect" like yours,but have some respect! i dont agree with what our government is implying nor do i support anyones else's government but i do think you agree that the government in Canada and the US is stupid so you talk down to us,like we can really help the idiots that run our country.that doesnt mean that all citizens are overweight and stupid.....actually your comment made me laugh because its such a nationalistic remark as if all countries are rotten apples except yours. *ahem* im not saying anything terrible about you or your precious home(b/c im too "stupid" to come up with a good one) im suggesting to maybe lay off a little with your customs and how much greater and awesome it is from everybody else.:talk:.maybe its just my opinion but its very evident,girl.

·
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Where the heck do you see that I say everything over here is perfect?
And you quoted out of context!
I compare things to try and tell people why I think the way I do.
Quite frankly I'm quite sick of hearing how bad my idears are, because people only know how things work where they come from, and don't consider some of us might not come from the same place...
It's just common for people to think that americans are stupid.
This is not something I think personally (and I thought I made that quite clear), but that's just the way it is.
"I don't think amaricans are stupid in general - you'll find those people all over the world"
From the same post.
It's just the same as when I sit an listen to americans talking abut how stupid mexicans are, or when people talk about how bad a contrie china is, because the goverment does stupid questions.
If you want to take things out of context, then you can make it seam people say what ever YOU want them too, instead of what they are actually saying.
If you would reed some of my other treads, you would see that I'm not all that happy about my contrie all the time - we have some stupid rules.

But what they hey - you read what you want - so I guess now I'm saying you are a liar :roll:

I think I'm just going to leave this place for a while...
It's very annoying that I can't say anything without someone getting mad. Either I have a wrong opinion because things are different, or I'm bad because I try and explain why I see things a sertain way...

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
thanks for calling me a liar,coz thats real grown up there of ya....:rolleyes:
you dont offend me and i was just stating what i thought was evident.whatever,take my words how you will..

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
im totally against the sport killing of any animal,i would love to someday go to Africa or Australia to see some wild elephants or tigers(etc.),its the fault of poachers that i may never see them in the wild...

:myop:but i do sense there is little bit of nationalism goin on here,Chinchi,we know your danish and that your proud of your heritage but im from Newfoundland ,so is Candyraver and a few others here,its in Canada-not the US- so i cant understand why you keep mentioning bad qualities from the US and comparing them to your own counties standards.ex:"especially when they some from contries where you might think they are a bit stupid and owerweight," thats your own quote and no,not every country is "perfect" like yours,but have some respect! i dont agree with what our government is implying nor do i support anyones else's government but i do think you agree that the government in Canada and the US is stupid so you talk down to us,like we can really help the idiots that run our country.that doesnt mean that all citizens are overweight and stupid.....actually your comment made me laugh because its such a nationalistic remark as if all countries are rotten apples except yours. *ahem* im not saying anything terrible about you or your precious home(b/c im too "stupid" to come up with a good one) im suggesting to maybe lay off a little with your customs and how much greater and awesome it is from everybody else.:talk:.maybe its just my opinion but its very evident,girl.
I have to agree with you Purple-Hops.

Where the heck do you see that I say everything over here is perfect?
And you quoted out of context!
I compare things to try and tell people why I think the way I do.
Quite frankly I'm quite sick of hearing how bad my idears are, because people only know how things work where they come from, and don't consider some of us might not come from the same place...
It's just common for people to think that americans are stupid.
This is not something I think personally (and I thought I made that quite clear), but that's just the way it is.
"I don't think amaricans are stupid in general - you'll find those people all over the world"
From the same post.
It's just the same as when I sit an listen to americans talking abut how stupid mexicans are, or when people talk about how bad a contrie china is, because the goverment does stupid questions.
If you want to take things out of context, then you can make it seam people say what ever YOU want them too, instead of what they are actually saying.
If you would reed some of my other treads, you would see that I'm not all that happy about my contrie all the time - we have some stupid rules.

But what they hey - you read what you want - so I guess now I'm saying you are a liar :roll:

I think I'm just going to leave this place for a while...
It's very annoying that I can't say anything without someone getting mad. Either I have a wrong opinion because things are different, or I'm bad because I try and explain why I see things a sertain way...
Just to note something as of 2003 Denmark was the largest producer of mink pelts,producing 35% of the worlds pelts.

With that number how can you honestly say that on all the farms there, all the animals are treated kindly and in no way harmed more then they have to be?May I ask have you been to a fur farm before and witnessed this?

Everyone is entiled to their own opinion but not to going around quiet a bit stating that they have the best country in the world (exaggerated)without seeing the harsh reality of it all.

And I truly think you should apologize to Purple-Hops for calling her a liar and biting her head off for just stating her opinion.

Anyways now that I have gotten that out I think with thread should be closed now.

·
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Oh my gosh - I didn't call her a liar - I sad that she would read my tread as if I called her a liar, and so she did. Not my problem.

And yes, I've been to these tings.
Actually I thing you should apologize to me for saying I think my contrie is the best in the world!

·
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
BTW - We just got a new law that says it's illegal to farm foxes in denmar now, because we can't give them the right facillitys.
So thop that **** about how you know everything that goes on over here... You don't know **** that happens out side of they US.
So sad!

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
all right chinchi, that is ENOUGH!!! I've had it with you and needing the last word! you never stop! you're too defensive, you don't listen, you just react. please woman THINK before you write, and decide if what you're saying will/will not FUEL the argument!!!

·
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I'm SO sick of you people
Every time somethings go wrong, it's my fault.
It's to puke over.
Okay, so we do some things different over here - that dosen't mean this is the best place to live, neither does it mean that every thing I say is a consperiasy.

God **** I'm sick of this...

You all say you accept others opinions, but that so fake.
You only want to hear what yourselfs and if someone tries to explain what they ment, you get all defensive, especially you mulder.
I'm so sick of you being a saint...
Try listining to your own advice!

But what the hey - just let me sit here and they you can tell me what a jerk I am, and the I won't reply, because I'm the big bad *****!

·
Registered
420 Posts
As an American, I did not take offense at Chinchi's words. Maybe closing this thread would be good. I think Chinchi might feel overwhelmed with everybody piling on.

I am not taking sides, but if no one attacks then there is no fight.

·
Registered
544 Posts
This is absolutely ridiculous and I second the locking of this topic.
There is no need for this going on in a FRIENDLY COMMUNITY.

"Community Guidelines

It is important to remember that this site is built on the common bonds and interests between us, not our differences. No user may harass, bash or other wise bother another member in such a way that would disrupt the community or make any member feel unwelcome. In short, be polite on these forums.

Everyone has the right to express their opinion - at Paw-Talk we respect that right. It goes without saying that people on a forum will disagree from time to time – it’s how you disagree that matters. Any disagreement is expected to take the form of a rational discussion. Abusive comments, flaming, or derogatory insults/comments are prohibited.

If two people disagree during a discussion they have the right to say so, but it must be done respectfully. Attack the opinion by giving your own and facts to support yours; don't attack the person holding the opinion.

If you find yourself being flamed or insulted by another member, please do not dignify that person with a response. Notify a moderator using the "Report Bad Post" button immediately. If you feel you must respond to a flame or insult directly, please do NOT do so on the board.

Private Messages are in no way meant to exclude a member from following the rules of the forum. Rudeness, bashing, hatefulness, and anything else deemed inappropriate are not allowed, just as these actions are not allowed on the forums. A PM is no different. Violating any of these rules in t he PM system may result in removal from the community. If you receive a private message that you feel is derogatory please forward it to a Moderator or Administrator so that it can be reviewed and taken care of. We cannot guarantee 'complete privacy' on PMs, but will only view member PMs in the event of a perceived problem."

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.