Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to donate a portion of the sales from my pet painting business to a laudable animal organization, I have done some research, but I am wondering if anyone can recommend an organization that they have had positive experiences with. Thanks!

·
Zippy Chickenshorts
1,762 Posts
aww, I think thats a lovely idea- sorry no suggestions :)

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
I'm not sure about which organization, but I'm sure you could find a good one! Maybe look at your local shelters and see if you like any of them. I've done volenteer work at a number of my local no kill shelters and thought they were great places for the animals, but because they are sometimes smaller and not as well known as things like the ASPCA, they don't seem to get as many donations, at least around here.

Another idea would be to maybe do a few paintings and give them to the shelters to auction off. One of the rabbit rescues I've worked with gets paintings of rabbits donated from a local painter to auction off, and they always seemed to have alot of success making money from that.

·
can't think of one, help
1,115 Posts
Where are you located? I'd love it if a donation were made to the shelter that I got my furbabies from. Its the Central Vermont Humane Shelter

·
can't think of one, help
1,115 Posts
There are also funds set up sometimes that help with vet care for people who cannot afford some of the care. Check with your vet. Mine has one that helps out elderly and low income people with vet care

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your suggestions. I am doing further research now. The special on our site now is giving money to the humane society, but I know what you mean about the little places not receiving as much money so I would like to give to a few especially good ones. I will keep the shelter in Vermont in mind when we give to local places. Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts