Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for a survey I'm doing for school what do people think about animal testing? Do u think it's necessary?

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
I think this thread might cause a debate ...& be closed...
just a heads up. ;)

I'll PM you my answer.That way it's not discussed in the open.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I didn't know

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes please, I don't want to cause a massive argument

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Oh yeah,this is definatly a topic that will cause debate!

PM-ing you my answer now!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I work for a medical products company that does testing on animals. Not only is it necessary, but the information gained is also used to help animals. Animals are treated humanely and given the best of care. I have also heard about experiments on animals done at universities, usually psychology experiments that are not so humane. In cases like that, I believe it is animal abuse. I think there is no one right answer to your question, but we would have to look at the experiments and the way the animals are treated case by case.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
^^ PLEASE PM answers to her.
A lot of people would disagree& others will agree,so it could be split down the middle& people end up flaming each other.

PM your answers people.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Fine people don't listen to me :shrug:
I was trying to make it so that people could give their suggestions in private as not to upset anyone,but I don't care anymore.
:shrug:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fine people don't listen to me :shrug:
I was trying to make it so that people could give their suggestions in private as not to upset anyone,but I don't care anymore.
:shrug:
I'm really sorry it has come out like this, please if anyone else has an opinion please PM it to me, I don't want to be the cause of an argument. I'm really sorry it's made you angry.:(

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
I don't think it's so bad seeing each others opinions, as long as people relize that it's just that - opinions, and nothing to start arguments over. There really is no right or wrong answer to the question, I think I'd be curous as to what people think as well.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I agree Dragonrain, that is why I gave mine. I don't care to argue about it either, but it is an interesting question.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I normally do not care what people think of my opinions! I have my own and others do not agree with me.

However with the things going on lately,the flaming and everything,well thats why it would be better not to debate! Thats why they took the debate part of the forum out,because people kept on bashing other people if they had different views and opinions.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Yeah I completly understand - I just think that people should be able to share their opinions, and hear others, without turning it into an argument :) I know there has been some issues with that lately though - but I'd hate not to be able to express my opinions on things just because other people don't agree with it.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I know.I often have to hold my tongue now,just because I do not want it to turn into arguments.It's sad.But some people cannot accept that other people have different opinions or they refuse to and if someone do not agree,they have to "turn on" them.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The debate forum must have been before my time. I try to treat everyone with respect, whether they agree or not.

Might I suggest that for this topic, people can give their own opinion, but not comment anyone elses?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
You can suggest it, but don't expect everyone to listen, lol :)

A lot of folks get caught up in the emotion of it, and just won't have a rational exchange of information about this subject. Perhaps the real benefit to having open exchanges of information would be for people who DON'T know a lot about animal research (a lot of people!) as there's an awful lot of misinformation.

Countless drugs get discarded before they ever get to clinical trials because of what's noted pre-clinically. Every time you or your pet have a pain reliever, an antibiotic, a whatever; it's safe (as safe as reasonable) because of animal research. If animal research were eliminated YOUR pets, YOUR children, YOU would be the research subject, or actually, you'd be stuck with no new innovations in drugs since the FDA would never allow a new drug application without safety evaluations.

Our modern human lifestyles have the drug manufacturers in a frenzy...we want a pill for every darned thing, a new and innovative surgery to fix everthing. There are lots of alternatives to animal models, and they get used, extensively. But that last crucial step for safety, seeing how a drug affects blood pressure, or what happens during ADME...sorry, it requires in vivo research.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Ive seen really violent pics about animal testing, and I dont really agree with it. It isnt as bad tho if the animals r being treated humanly and all... the internet (and esp. PETA, not to cause an argument) overexagerates stuff alot, so I dont really know what to think. I try to avoid products that test on animals tho.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts