Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
At the pet store owners should avoid direct contact between dogs because you don't know 100% how your dog or the other will react they shouldn't just drag them over to greet. Many people use petstores to socialize their dog, myself included i took him to puppy class over winter because he wouldn't get to go to the dog park so it let him have an hour or so of socialization a week

My dog barks at other dogs and people at the petstore. Its embarrassing but he is so excited he can't help it.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I don't think cats, snakes, or lizards should go to the petstores for a few reasons. Cats and lizards (iguanas mostly) get scared of new places, and dogs. I don't think its fair to them for their owners to drag them along, unless the cat is ok with it.

Snakes and lizards need higher temps and taking them in the car and airconditioned stores can mess up their systems as well. Most snakes are nocturnal so waking them to take them is also known to mess up their systems.

Also reptiles can catch things so easily from other places and they will be touched by lots of people at the store.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.