Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly one of my female African clawed frogs died today.I checked the water temperature and it was really cold,as this place has been freezing lately,so I am assuming that is why she died.She seemed fine otherwise.

R.I.P little froggy.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
RIP i'm sorry for your losses lately :( :console:

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GOOD NEWS!

That little froggy is not dead!! Okay,I found her and she was upside down,looking very dead.Her body was even paler then normal.She looked dead.I just assumed she was dead and before taking her out of the tank,came to post that she died.

Well I went back to take her out and she was at the bottom,normal side up.When I put the net in to get her,she swam away...to my shock and suprise.I them seen all 3 frogs were alive and kicking.

It was a mistake I made...I have been sooo busy lately,I have been super tired.I haven't been thinking straight and just need alot of sleep.

I am just happy my little frog is still alive and now there is a heater in the tank,just so this don't happen again.The water had gotten super cold,because it is freezing out.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is and I still can't believe I made that mistake!! I checked them again just a few minutes ago and all 3 are doing good! :yes:

·
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
2,934 Posts
Yeah little froggy!
Little Guy our fancy tailed goldfish has given us scares a couple of times. I have even found him upside down in the bottom of the tank. He just has a swim bladder problem.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah little froggy!
Little Guy our fancy tailed goldfish has given us scares a couple of times. I have even found him upside down in the bottom of the tank. He just has a swim bladder problem.
Awwww.Poor fishy.

Clown fish also like to scare their owners.They will float upside down and appear dead lots of times and the owners panic,but they are perfectly fine.I guess animals like to play tricks on us sometimes.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I'm so glad she's ok!!! :)

Just watch the temperature carefully when you first set up the heater. Some brands are known for not always keeping it at the temperature you tell them to. I used to have one that was like that. When I first got it I set it to 78 degrees Fahrenheit. The next day the tank was at 86 degrees o_o. No animals were in the tank yet, luckily. Needless to say, I returned that one :p. But even a couple of my good, stable ones don't heat to exactly what I set them to. You need to experiment sometimes.

My favorites are the Stealth heaters. Those ones seriously heat to the exact degree you set them to. I think they have a lifetime guaranty, as well. I have one in my marine tank and I've had it for four-ish years.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the advice.I am keeping my eye on it.I have no clue what brand it is,as I have had it for a couple of yrs.It was just put away.It seems to be working tho and the frogs are doing well.

I know once I set up a heater and it turned the water almost hot! It was turned up too high.I had fish in the tank too,but fortunatly they were fine.But since then,I always keep my eye on heaters.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Awww that sucks =( sorry to hear about your froggys

Korali

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts

·
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
2,934 Posts
I am so sorry. Two at once. I had the same thing happen with a tiny froggie. It wasn't pretty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts