Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Salamander Burgermuffin
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around for a more complete veggie list, to find out what veggies are safe for our little bun. Theres still a few im not sure about, but i found this list http://binkybunny.com/Default.aspx?tabid=144 which is a little more complete than the rabbit.org list. so i thought i would share. Does anyone know of any more lists? One thing i was specifically looking for was if they can have Tomatoes?

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
I've fed my rabbits tomatoe fruit before with no problems. I treat it as a treat food though and only give it once in awhile. Ziggy loves it, but the other two don't really seem to care for it. Like any other new food, make sure to introduce it to them slowly to make sure it doesn't bother them at all.

If you have a good rabbit savy vet, they should be able to answer any questions you have about what fruits/veggies are safe and which are not. If I'm ever in doubt, I just call their vet and ask her.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I've fed tomatoes to my rabbits, too :). Like Michelle, I only give it as an occasional treat. Just remember that the rest of the plant is toxic.

·
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
2,934 Posts
My guys get the grape tomatoes that I grow in the garden. I also have to buy them when they are out of season. They love them but I do slice them up into quarters and give each bun two quarters. I think the leaves of the tomato plant is toxic to a lot of things. Not many bugs (if any at all) can eat the tomato leaves.

·
Registered
466 Posts
ya, I am pretty sure there is added sugar in craisins... That list looks pretty complete, I have never seen one that big. I think I might have heard something about tomato skin or something but not too sure- I never fed it to my rabbit. Henry used to LOVE dill, you should try offering some to your bunny! Also, its so weird that they make yogurt drops for bunnies.. they're herbivores! Plus I'm sure they appreciate small bits of fruit more than store bought treats anyways. Thanks for sharing this list! And by the way, your bun is gorgeous!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts