Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has cat, 10yrs old maybe, who's always had slight issues with nervousness and aggression but as of late poor Merlin seems to be getting worse. She Literally attacks anyone but her owner and cannot be in ANY sort of social situation, she's put behind closed doors for the saftey of any guests. Company seems to set off the behavior and it tends to last longer each time after everyone leaves. This poor kitty is a ball of nerves. She has tried a holistic anxiety medication with little to NO results... I found some very helpful information on a product called Serene-UM used to reduce the stress factor in cats and dogs and was just wondering if anyone has actually used this stuff?? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Has she not been exposed to a social setting since a kitten? I would not force her to become social with strangers if she is that uneasy, I think the best point would be to isolate her before people start entering the house. There is no sense in stressing an older animal

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Its really common for cats to have anxiety and stress problems. Thats the case with my cat and to help with that we use FeliWay and Comfort zone.

http://www.feliway.com/gb It is for behavior problems and stress. Ever since we have gotten this, my cat has stopped licking the fur from his front legs. You can mostly buy them at any pet store.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts