Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have zebra finches and budgies and a breeding pair of Cockatiels. Meg (female cockatiel) tried to talk but when her mate Max came along she dropped it and squarked at him instead. They do whistler tho and the budgie Whistling Wind can mimic the internet dialup.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Believe me I have 3 of the loudest birds and they all mimic sounds, one talks fluent phrases and the other too mumble to themselves. Sometimes I wish they would just shut up! Goodness forbid if I don't answer them or let them know where I am. Who needs kids when you've got birds!

·
Herp Nerd
1,115 Posts
I have a senegal parrot who mimics my cell phone so I have to constantly change the ringer. He also mimics the door bell, my house security system, the smoke detecter, the microwave... the list goes on. Can get very aggrivating after a while. :)

I have a budgie that has about a 20 word vocabulary and dances to Devo songs.

I also have a baby blue and gold macaw that is slowly learning words, but he spends most of his time squawking very loudly and mumbling to himself for right now.

Rav

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also have a few birds but these are button quail and gamble quail. Raised outdoors,not pets.:wave:

G

·
I was in a pet store a few months ago, and they had these birds that were seriously NEON colors.. Solid neon Orange, yellow, green and pink! They were amazing! As were their price tags! 1500.00 each. They are apparently some new type of finch, with the largest vocabulary of any bird alive... they are SOOOO tiny though!

G

·
I can find out, if no one knows, I know they are a new type of finch, apparently only hitting the stores a year ago or so

G

·
:angel2: I had a senegal Parrot, too, had her for 8yrs. gave her away.My hubby couldn't stand the screeches she let loose once in awhile. Should of got rid of him, lol-lol-lol

G

·
ya, ok, I'll just call up the pet store I saw them at...... Im sure hteir open at 2:59 am on a saturday!!!
Gettin right on it !
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Toirtis you definitely have me beat with volume. As much as I love birds and as beautiful as they are I am just not a cockatoo person. The sound must me deafening! My birds are small but their sound packs a big punch and they just do not stop! They are always yelling at me for one thing or another "Don't like the food, you moved my toy, come and pay attention to me right now!" Ya know that sort of stuff (They don't actually say this in those words but I always know what they mean)

My one bird actually yells at my husband for me. If Dante see's me give hubby a dirty look he yells "KENNY!" at him and when hubby is sleeping and his beeper goes off Dante says "kenny" over and over again till it wakes him up.

CT - I can't wait to see what this new bird is. I may do a little searching on line to see if I can come up with something.

G

·
Nope it's not them, these are solid colors, and yes, these ones talk, I heard em :)
The owner of the store isn't in today, I'll try again tommorow

G

·
My birds are:
Keno~Yellow Nape Amazon, Peppy~Panama Amazon, Ariel~SI Eclectus, Taz~Meyers Parrot, Petrie~Cockatiel, Jasper~Budgie girl, and LarryBird~Budgie boy.
:bird:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts