Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Any Sopranos fans out there?

610 Views 17 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  tobyt
I am addicted to the Sopranos! I didn't start watching it until the end of the 3rd season and got hooked when I watched the 4th season. I then bought seasons 1, 2, and 3 on DVD. Sunday is the season finale and I am going to be glued to the tellie.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
We got hooked about the same time you did but I borrowed the DVDs instead of buying them. Can't wait for this week's finale, although last week would've been a good way to end the season too. We've also gotten into Deadwood. There's a whole lot more cussing but I think part of me likes it better than Sopranos.
Love the Sopranos! We started watching while I was pregnant - I often joked that Lox should record the theme song for me to calm Ryland after he was born, we watched it that much! LOL
The theme song is buy a group called A3 and it's REALLY long! LOL! I actually have it downloaded to the computer...I can send it to you if you would like!
I LOVE the Sopranos! I got addicted right from Episode 1! I can't believe they killed off Adrianna!!! Although I kinda knew it was coming...especially the way Christopher reacted when she told him what was going on! I can't wait for tomorrow's season final episode!
Oh and we have also gotten addicted to Deadwood too...I love shows set in the old gold-rush days!
ooh, yes. I've been watching for awhile now. Awesome show. Hell hath no fury like the family. Great ad in people - :blush:
Great! I can't wait to discuss the season finale with all of you. BTW, I think Edie Falco is a superb actress. :bow: She has really got quite the body on her now. Her arms are incredibly toned. When her and Mr. Wielder (spelling?) had their fling and they showed a woman ahem without clothing I thought for sure it wasn't her. Turns out it was!

I was very sad to see Adrianna killed off but as soon as she told Christapha she had been undercover for the FBI I knew that was the end of her. :( Great acting on her part. She deserves an emmy!
Watched it day one season one. My MIL lives around the corner from the house where they "live". Many of the scenes are filmed in areas that I know very well. Even some of the names they use we recognize even though they slightly change them for the show.
Dena, does someone really live in that house or do they strictly use it for the show? I am in love with that house. Has your MIL seen any of the actors/actresses up close? That is so cool!
My husband got me watching it. Very interesting. I didn't think the season finale was all that good. But Adrianna will be playing on the Joey Show (spinoff from Friends) as Joey's sister.
Deniselynn said:
Dena, does someone really live in that house or do they strictly use it for the show? I am in love with that house. Has your MIL seen any of the actors/actresses up close? That is so cool!
The outside shots of the front of the house are of a real house. Someone does live there. I don't know how much they pay them to use it but they put on a huge addition (the house was already huge) a few years ago. The guy that lives across the street get $3000 a day to use his front lawn as the catering area. The scenes inside the house are actually shot in a studio, but most of the places that you see them in are real places. I get confused sometimes when watching because they have him traveling in one direction when he says he's traveling in another, no one but a New Jersian would know.

A bunch of people we know have run into some of them but my family has personally never met any actors. They do send out a neighborhood letter stating when they will be filming and they sign it from the Soprano family. The second season the town directory with everyones phone number came out (not a phonebook but an actually little town booklet of No. Caldwell residence). My husband and I were looking through it and I noticed that they actually had "Tony Soprano" and a phone number listed. We never tried calling it and I don't think too many people noticed but we were histerical over it.
See less See more
Dena, how interesting! I would have been tempted to call Tony Soprano. :D Gosh, they added an addition to that gorgeous house? I wonder if the scenes that are shot outside are filmed in the studio or they use the actual house.

I was a little disappointed with the season finale. Too bad Tony shot his cousin for no reason. Funny how his cousin was put in prison because of an anxiety attack Tony had and the last person he saw that shot him to death was Tony. I loved the scene where Tony was walking through the branches. Good analogy between Tony and the bear. I wonder what is to become of the NY family? Tony's expression on his face when he saw the Feds approaching Sach's house was priceless. He really took off running for such a big guy. :roflmao:
I know it seemed strange for Tony to kill Tony but he actually did it out of love I think. He didn't want him to die but it was ruining everything. And if the other people did it they would have tortured him to death so Tony did it so it would be quick and painless.
puppylove103 said:
I know it seemed strange for Tony to kill Tony but he actually did it out of love I think. He didn't want him to die but it was ruining everything. And if the other people did it they would have tortured him to death so Tony did it so it would be quick and painless.
I agree completely...if Tony hadn't killed Tony B, it would have been a long and painful death...The thing that sucks about the whole situation is that if Tony had waited a week, he wouldn't have had to kill his cousin! The Feds would have gotten Sach first and Tony B would have been safe enough to come home! But, he was a liability anyway, running off and doing what he did without permission. You bet your butt that Tony will make sure Tony B's kids are taken care of though!
I also thought it was amusing that Tony and Carmella weren't quite sure what to think about AJ's interest in event planning as a career! :lol:
Now that I think about it, yes, that was the reason why Tony had to kill his cousin.

As for AJ that kid needs some serious attitude adjustment. What a little buggar! I thought it was hilarious after Carm told Tony AJ was interested in event planning, Tony said, "Isn't that gay"? :rofl: Talk about a homophobic!
Deniselynn said:
Now that I think about it, yes, that was the reason why Tony had to kill his cousin.

As for AJ that kid needs some serious attitude adjustment. What a little buggar! I thought it was hilarious after Carm told Tony AJ was interested in event planning, Tony said, "Isn't that gay"? :rofl: Talk about a homophobic!
:rofl: I just keep picturing the looks on Tony and Carmella's faces when they were laying in bed thinking of AJ as an event planner! It's good he found something he's interested in doing, but like Tony said, "Isn't that gay?" They just looked so confused! :lol:
Is anyone getting geared up for the final 9 episodes?

I can't wait!
Tony Soprano is one of the most intriguing and enigmatic characters in the history of television. Understanding him psychologically is a difficult proposition, although many of the shows other character's have proffered some ideas.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.