Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my best relaxations is to sit and feed squirrels. I love to watch their behavior. They are highly intelligent but have such a bad reputation among much of the public. I was wondering if anyone else loves them as much as I do:)

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
I think they're cute. :D There is this awesome albino squirrel that lives in my neighborhood!

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
I've got this little manly squirrel who has figured out my elderly dog can't see, hear, or chase him anymore. He hangs out on my back porch, and helps himself to dog food and the dog's water bowl. He doesn't even flinch when we go by the door, though there's only 1 foot of distance between us. He's such a gangster squirrel. I've started calling him Yanny after Janni Gogalack from the Whole Nine Yards.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We have an albino around here too, along with a couple blacks that aren't too common around here either.

At my grandparents, we've fed the Squirrels for years now. They come right up on her two story deck, either look from the rail - or climb up the screen door looking for peanuts. There are a couple that have come the whole time you will take from my hand, and come right to the door - almost coming in, when I give them peanuts. Once, with my favorite girl who I have always called Courage, I sat on the deck stairs feeding her once, and she came right onto my lap and ate.

Good thing is, they don't trust other people, so we don't have to worry about them going up to people who might hurt them. Smart animals! I have some pictures I'll have to post once I can! :D

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I always loved squirrels and appreciated them. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love squirrels, there's a woods close to my house where I walk the dogs and there are LOADS of them, such fun to watch them chasing about on the floor and through the branches tbh I love all animals tho ...:elephant::elmo:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts