Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My big neutered boy Apollo has been being introduced to the girls. he is completely sterile I think its from him being a breeder but is there any way to stop it? Its really freaking the babies out plus he is like 5 times their size. Its not constant its just now and then.

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
My big neutered boy Apollo has been being introduced to the girls. he is completely sterile I think its from him being a breeder but is there any way to stop it? Its really freaking the babies out plus he is like 5 times their size. Its not constant its just now and then.
It could be just dominance humping, and should pass in time.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would that cause him to go from one to the other and do it? And only on the babies? I have not seen him try this on Izzy or Mia.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok :) I knew dominance humping is common in dogs horses etc but I have mainly seen that male to male so I was not sure :) Thanks :D

Sorry If I seem paranoid I would just rather ask than have something be going on and have no idea.

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
ok :) I knew dominance humping is common in dogs horses etc but I have mainly seen that male to male so I was not sure :) Thanks :D

Sorry If I seem paranoid I would just rather ask than have something be going on and have no idea.
I am glad you ask.

Is he chasing the boys in a scary way? Or does he pin them and make them scream while sniffing gently?

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
My only other male is Yuki and he isnt acting any different towards him. Except ignoring him more :( Its almost like my poor Yuki has been cast out :( I havent seen or heard anything but Yuki is sleeping on the floor by himself when I let them together :( Yuki Shows no interest in the girls. My boys were so closely bonded I dont know what happened.

I am going to get a bigger igloo and see if that helps

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
Ohh the babies are girls? For some reason I thought they were boys. :p

What does Yuki think of them? Does he avoid the small skittery annoying things?

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL No I chose girls because I did not want to do 2-3 more neuters when it could be avoided.

Yuki is SO laid back he doesnt seem to care one way or the other he doesnt avoid them but doesnt really play either. But he has never been a player.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts