Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is N0T a snail problem,it's more like a lack of snail problem...

my last snail died awhile ago,& I normally ordered from a lady named peggy,& she had a site (I believe called Northern Snails...its been awhile since I ordered,her snails were that great quality!) & IMO an aquarium is not an aquarium without snails :D (I love them!)
I was wondering if anyone else knew a snail breeder in Canada that shipped? I'd like any types,as long as they are good with aquatic plants...any info you can provide would be great!

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I think that Canada is unfortunately strict with snails. I've heard that it's really difficult to ship them there and you need permits and such...

That's probably why you're having problems finding them =/. I'd ship some to you myself if I could!

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awws thanks...we used to have a really nice woman who bred them,I believe you gave me the link way back then...I think since then she went out of business :( ...

·
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
2,934 Posts
I was wondering how you keep the snails under control? I thought they pretty much took over the tank. I am also wondering what kind of snails - if any- are good to keep with fancy tails?

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I was wondering how you keep the snails under control? I thought they pretty much took over the tank. I am also wondering what kind of snails - if any- are good to keep with fancy tails?
You're thinking of the small "pest" kinds of snails that breed like crazy. The "pet" snails such as apple snails don't multiply quite as fast :).

As for keeping snails with goldfish, some goldfish will actually nip at them. Also, many snails in the pet trade are tropical. So it's kind of hit or miss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts