Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Archibald

843 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kathyh4 
#1 ·
This is a bit late but I would like to post about my little Archibald.

He started his rough life with a breeder from Waco where he broke his foot and was sent away to a high school (where animal neglect was horrid at this time). He lived 15 years at this school with fleas, a skin, ear, and eye infection, his untreated broken foot, and a chipped tooth.

I adopted him because I had been caring for him at the time (and yes, in time this school was reported for its animal neglect and all animals were removed from the property). I told them about Archie and the horrible condition he was in but it was agreed that I could legally take care of him and keep him. I got him a vet visit and all three of his infections were taken care of with medication and time. Although his foot was a completely different story. Three vets looked at it and said it couldn't be fixed but they all reassured me that he was not in pain but did provide me with medication for arthritis and pain despite the fact.

He was always kept in a smaller cage because he was not a mobile rabbit. He was also kept on layers of sheets so he was comfortable. He never learned to use the litter but I didn't mind regularly changing sheets and laundry for him. He loved his veggies and his groom time and despite his problems he was a beautiful boy.

This little lion head also taught me the meaning of bravery and fighting thru tough times; because I had been in depression before I got him and when I had him; his favorite thing to do was escape his cage and come see me when I was sad (he would chin me and lick me!). God was he special.

May you enjoy your veggies and binky free over the rainbow bridge Archibald 6-17-13

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.